Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

15 hours ago, Midsblue said:

But the Trust are now on the board.  I don’t mean divulging to fans on here

In what way are the Trust on the board?

The last that I recollect was that the Trust rep on the board had taken a full time job at the club and then been sacked by the club.

Is it him? Because it bleeding shouldnt be!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look at some of the players from last year and i’m thinking ‘We could do with him’ even Tope f’n Obadeyi! Why have we sold Aaron Holloway & Craig Davies when we know that they can do O’Grady’s job at least 10x better. Paul Green would have done a job yesterday and that’s saying something. How far have we fallen. Why is all the money being suddenly drained from the club? The 200k loss in solidarity payments is obviously a big hit but with the transfers of McLaughlin, Davies, Holloway and Mceleny surely they’ve broken even with that now. Is AL now realising this is an impossible job and trying to get back any penny he can? It sure seems like it and he’s doing it at expense of the team and the club. The Trust really need to step in, stop pussy footing around and acting like a bunch of self-righteous do-gooders and do what their roles actually require them to do. I know they’re volunteers but why even bother volunteering if they’re going to do nothing?  Silence from everywhere. No one is willing to speak out including the management staff even about mundane  things about injuries! The club seems to have an incurable cancer deep within. I honestly feel that if the club went bust in 04 we would have had better years climbing through the leagues with a large support ie Wimbledon. 

I think underdog is on holiday at moment but when back hopefully the Trust will meet AL to understand what is happening and what his plans are.

1.What is our annual income L2 (vs L1)

2. What are our debts now 

3. What is our annual playing budget L2 (vs L1)

4. What is our current wage annualised after all departures this season

5. What is AL’s objective this season - promotion, play-offs or sustainable L2 team

OK AL might politely (or not) tell us to **** off but surely we should be aware of the above.

If AL is recouping as much as he can having regretted purchasing the club and potentially engineering an exit then we need to know too.  Surely if the recent recruitment is testament of our new level to break even then would a fan-run club be any worse?

Corney robbed Peter to pay Paul but we never had constant rumours of wages not being paid, player suspensions and signings materialised when needed.  OK we’re obviously paying the price of this and AL could be focussing on clearing that debt to  the detriment of the playing budget but we need to know if that’s the case. 

AL came in, promised to improve the team on the pitch and deliver success.  Relegation happened but hopefully that was considered and we budgeted for this possibility.  Unless the facts suggest otherwise, I get impression he’s doing to the club what’s he’s done to some players, spat his dummy out and took his ball home.  Sold our better players (compared to what’s since come in), shed the wage bill to absolute minimum and cut his investment and budget to a level below an average L2 club so he can get as much back as possible.

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

I think underdog is on holiday at moment but when back hopefully the Trust will meet AL to understand what is happening and what his plans are.

1.What is our annual income L2 (vs L1)

2. What are our debts now 

3. What is our annual playing budget L2 (vs L1)

4. What is our current wage annualised after all departures this season

5. What is AL’s objective this season - promotion, play-offs or sustainable L2 team

OK AL might politely (or not) tell us to **** off but surely we should be aware of the above.

If AL is recouping as much as he can having regretted purchasing the club and potentially engineering an exit then we need to know too.  Surely if the recent recruitment is testament of our new level to break even then would a fan-run club be any worse?

Corney robbed Peter to pay Paul but we never had constant rumours of wages not being paid, player suspensions and signings materialised when needed.  OK we’re obviously paying the price of this and AL could be focussing on clearing that debt to  the detriment of the playing budget but we need to know if that’s the case. 

AL came in, promised to improve the team on the pitch and deliver success.  Relegation happened but hopefully that was considered and we budgeted for this possibility.  Unless the facts suggest otherwise, I get impression he’s doing to the club what’s he’s done to some players, spat his dummy out and took his ball home.  Sold our better players (compared to what’s since come in), shed the wage bill to absolute minimum and cut his investment and budget to a level below an average L2 club so he can get as much back as possible.

Correct Tracy is away at the moment.

There is a full Trust meeting tomorrow with a packed agenda. Many of the matters being debated via this thread will feature I am sure.

For clarification, as of 9th July the Trust has a new representative on the Board at the club, Diane Mellor, replacing Simon Brooke who stepped down having taking a full time position with the club. This has been communicated by the Trust.

The Trust also has a new chair and vice chair and a number of new Directors. The new Trust Board has not met as a group to date and needs a little bit of time to get itself properly set up in terms of responsibilities and priorities and indeed for Diane get settled into her role as Director of the club.

Fans should expect to hear from the Trust after tomorrow's meeting.

thanks 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Correct Tracy is away at the moment.

There is a full Trust meeting tomorrow with a packed agenda. Many of the matters being debated via this thread will feature I am sure.

For clarification, as of 9th July the Trust has a new representative on the Board at the club, Diane Mellor, replacing Simon Brooke who stepped down having taking a full time position with the club. This has been communicated by the Trust.

The Trust also has a new chair and vice chair and a number of new Directors. The new Trust Board has not met as a group to date and needs a little bit of time to get itself properly set up in terms of responsibilities and priorities and indeed for Diane get settled into her role as Director of the club.

Fans should expect to hear from the Trust after tomorrow's meeting.

thanks 

Pages 23 -28 may be of interest to Diane and the Trust.

https://supporters-direct.org/assets/media/articleFiles/file-D3Y3Hdfz64FC.pdf

And for fans an interesting extract;

'Supporter Directors will only publicise information in the public domain when agreed with fellow board members. Other things, such as player wages, are subject to normal practices of confidentiality'.

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

The Trust also has a new chair and vice chair and a number of new Directors. The new Trust Board has not met as a group to date and needs a little bit of time to get itself properly set up in terms of responsibilities and priorities and indeed for Diane get settled into her role as Director of the club

Thank you for answering my query. Although the reply does not fill me with much confidence.

28 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

Thank you for answering my query. Although the reply does not fill me with much confidence.

Ok.

serious question, and with no agenda or attempt to make any point whatsoever, what sort of response would fill you with more confidence? 

genuinely what to know so we / I can understand what supporters want out of the trust in these circumstances.

cheers

Q for the Trust - do you know why Byrne was suspended or even know if he’s still at the club or not?

Genuine question to gauge how open communication is between AL and the Trust.  

Am I also correct that the board is now just AL and Diane Mellor?  Simon Brooke was sacked after taking the Commercial Director role so who else is on the board?

15 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Q for the Trust - do you know why Byrne was suspended or even know if he’s still at the club or not?

Am I also correct that the board is now just AL and Diane Mellor?  Simon Brooke was sacked after taking the Commercial Director role so who else is on the board?

The official site seems as in the dark as all of us;

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/

The club doesn't appear to have a treasurer, although there's an accounts manager if that's the same thing?

4 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Will need to take these points away midsblue.

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The official site seems as in the dark as all of us;

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/club/contact-us/

The club doesn't appear to have a treasurer, which seems a bit disturbing.

They haven’t had a treasurer for years... they had an accountant who’s job is now done by head of payroll and accounts.

same job different title 

9 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Will need to take these points away midsblue.

Thanks 

Can you ask AL if he seeking others investors to join the board, either by advertising or through his contacts?

I think that's a legitimate question.

A couple with some money would certainly boost fans confidence. 

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Can you ask AL if he seeking others investors to join the board, either by advertising or through his contacts?

I think that's a legitimate question.

A couple with some money would certainly boost fans confidence. 

Thanks. Again, let me take that away. I totally get the desire to have some understanding of what the long term plan is. 

2 minutes ago, yarddogs said:

Could you ask why Peter Clarke is being frozen out again as I for one do not believe he’s ill or injured.

As above, the various issues being raised in this thread will no doubt be covered at tomorrow's meeting. Naturally the club can only say so much about specific matters so please do bear that in mind.

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

On what grounds 

Probably on the grounds that we have been taken over by Satan apparently who after spending millions trying to paper over the mass mis managent of Del Boy (sorry Corney) is now wilfully trying to destroy the mighty sleeping giant that is Oldham Athletic 

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

Ok.serious question, and with no agenda or attempt to make any point whatsoever, what sort of response would fill you with more confidence? 

genuinely what to know so we / I can understand what supporters want out of the trust in these circumstances.

I think that we urgently need people with business experience on the board to assist AL. 

If the person from the Trust is not that they should at least be ensuring that AL realises it very very speedily.

Do we even have a CEO-Never mind Moisley he just did what he was told?

1 hour ago, ChaddySmoker said:

I think that we urgently need people with business experience on the board to assist AL. 

If the person from the Trust is not that they should at least be ensuring that AL realises it very very speedily.

Dictators don't need or have assistants

2 hours ago, Andy b said:Will need to take these points away midsblue.

Thanks 

Cheers Andy.  In answer to your other post as to what response from AL would fill us with confidence is just an open, honest and transparent response.  Not expecting AL to tell us how much money he’s got but we also don’t want false promises or the club spiralling into non-league.

Hopefully the following helps explain our questioning in a non-confrontational / collective approach;

Corney openly said he didn’t have funds and had to wheel and deal for us to survive.  If AL was genuinely hoodwinked over the true extent of this wheeling and dealing and this has impacted massively on his ability to invest and strengthen then the fans will sympathise.  However as BP1960 has asked, is AL now looking for further investors or does he have the wealth to achieve this alone and how?

Granted we need to balance the books but does this mean operating below a realistic budget to achieve this and risking further relegation?  The sales of Davies, Holloway, McEleney, sacking of Gerrard plus mass player release in the summer must have significantly reduce our wage bill plus the fees for Davies, Holloway and McEleney must have helped with debts or boost our budget.  Add to this our ST numbers, we must have a budget towards the top end of our league so why acquire O’Grady, Miller and Coke?  

Now FB may have targeted these three irrespective of our budget but his comments yesterday suggested it’s more to do with budget than choice.  I feel bad singling out these three players but it’s fair to say these aren’t players for a club aiming for promotion but more so consolidation at this new level or below.  If that’s ALs immediate plan until we’re sustainable then the fans need to know because at least FB/AR aren’t attacked if we’re not Top 10 or higher come January.  If ALs plan is promotion then again the fans deserve an explanation over the likes of Byrne or very least why he’s suspended.  If it’s disciplinary then at least the fans know.  All this uncertainty isn’t healthy for owner, manager and fan relations.

Thanks again 

2 hours ago, ChaddySmoker said:

4 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Barry is on the board. No new CEO any time soon.

Archived