Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

We'd settle for a clue at this stage let alone a plan.

Trust is powerless, not sure why people keep calling out to them.

....their lack of power doesn't make them mute though.... they can ask [searching] questions and find a middle ground between protecting the club from their board position and communicating to the fan base about the existence of, or otherwise, a plan and it's broad contents....

I wrote this in May, it's now 3 months on..... and every unanswered question is still valid;

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

....their lack of power doesn't make them mute though.... they can ask [searching] questions and find a middle ground between protecting the club from their board position and communicating to the fan base about the existence of, or otherwise, a plan and it's broad contents....

Quite. Nobody can demand answers but nobody can stop questions being asked. If credible answers are not forthcoming then that in itself is an answer of sorts. 

It was reported that the trust were close to pressing the metaphorical big red button last year. I'd like to know if the factors that led to that situation have been resolved or whether they have just been replaced by others. 

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Half of them resigned at the last meeting which was probably a big indicator...

Looks like we are back to where we were 12 months ago, balancing the ins and outs, only with less ins.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Half of them resigned at the last meeting which was probably a big indicator...

Looks like we are back to where we were 12 months ago, balancing the ins and outs, only with less ins.

......unpaid volunteers resigning from positions at the trust, having served for months/years is merely an indicator of the difficulty of giving your free time up for a sustained period of time.

......I would like those new Trust directors, led by Diane to be asking AL some difficult, searching questions and not accepting statements or platitudes as answers.

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

......unpaid volunteers resigning from positions at the trust, having served for months/years is merely an indicator of the difficulty of giving your free time up for a sustained period of time.

......I would like those new Trust directors, led by Diane to be asking AL some difficult, searching questions and not accepting statements or platitudes as answers.

Will she be allowed in the directors box is the top question?

We'd settle for a clue at this stage let alone a plan.

Trust is powerless, not sure why people keep calling out to them.

Its quite simple really, the Trust need to put fans concerns to AL and report back all his answers in writing.

The fans should see the questions in advance too.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Its quite simple really, the Trust need to put fans concerns to AL and report back all his answers in writing.

The fans should see the questions in advance too.

We've heard it all before, concerns are raised, assurances are given, things go quiet for a month or two and the whole thing starts again.

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

We've heard it all before, concerns are raised, assurances are given, things go quiet for a month or two and the whole thing starts again.

Better than not asking questions at all.

Better than not asking questions at all.

Think they should just concentrate on stuff they can influence, improvements around the ground etc.

The idea that Diane Mellor or whoever is going to be able to influence funding or transfer policy is fanciful.

The question I would like to ask him is why     the hell he bought the club in the 1st place especially as he doesn’t own the land?

If he hasn’t got the funding to take us forward he has to be bordering on complete insanity!!

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The question I would like to ask him is why     the hell he bought the club in the 1st place especially as he doesn’t own the land?

If he hasn’t got the funding to take us forward he has to be bordering on complete insanity!!

The plan was to use us as a vehicle to get his French lads into the country on wages they could only dream of back home and make a few quid if they did well enough to be sold.

It seems as though reality has bitten quickly and we are back to where we before his arrival.

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I think that quite easy to answer. 

It can only be for his ego. One of first comments was- it’s always been a dream of mine to own a club. The fact he has done all his money in the first season, is not only alarming from the clubs point of view, but tells you a lot about him as a character IMO. 

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The plan was to use us as a vehicle to get his brother's (yeah right) French lads into the country on wages they could only dream of back home that he was paying out of his own pocket and make a few quid if they did well enough to be sold.

there must be some other reason surely

28 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Think they should just concentrate on stuff they can influence, improvements around the ground etc.

The idea that Diane Mellor or whoever is going to be able to influence funding or transfer policy is fanciful.

That really isn't their role as I understand it. No, I don't imagine they can or should influence policy but having an understanding of what (or if) it is would be way more significant than some minor ground improvements. 

The whole scenario has been strange from  the beginning and the change of ambition/direction over just 6 months has been alarming.

Could it even be a stage managed plan for the collapse of the football club so as to secure the prime land for development? 

Perhaps him & Corney haven’t fallen out at all?

Can't agree , the Trust are the fans representatives and should asking fans questions. DM is a director of the club and by definition has to be informed as to the direction the clubs going.

This is usually a long-term plan.

Can't agree , the Trust are the fans representatives and should asking fans questions. DM is a director of the club and by definition has to be informed as to the direction the clubs going.

This is usually a long-term plan.

Ask for and make all the plans you want, he has no obligation to stick to them.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Seen this a couple of times about his plan being to bring in foreign players and pay them way over the odds.  Just wondering how this benefits him in any way whatsoever?

It's not a drawn up long term plan NZ, its heresay.

A plan for the future needs to be in writing for all to see.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Ask for and make all the plans you want, he has no obligation to stick to them.

No, but it would make fans aware of his intentions, at the moment it's all Chinese  whispers.

4 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's not a drawn up long term plan NZ, its heresay.

Of course, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on twitter and on here.  I was just wondering why people were suggesting that was his plan as it makes no sense to me!

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Of course, I've seen it mentioned a couple of times on twitter and on here.  I was just wondering why people were suggesting that was his plan as it makes no sense to me!

If they were actually any cop: pay Maouche 4k a week for 6 months, he impresses, sell him for 300k. The only flaw in the plan being the lads are dump. 

Archived