Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Who are the manufacturers of the pies at BP now? Best meat & potato pie I had last season by a distance....

Steak and ale were great last season too. Holland’s are meh. Not that I buy a pie at a home match that often. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Hollands in their day were outstanding and sold in every chip shop you care to mention, however, in my opinion they are now bland, tasteless, and pretty poor quality, a perfect match for JWLees’s  bollock wash.

At £3.50 a pop I will definitely not be buying pies at the match anymore. Give me a pukka ( for the pastry alone ) any day of the week.

Not happy! ?

They are £3 each which is tough to pay when I normally buy 4 for £2.50.

31 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Give me a pukka ( for the pastry alone ) any day of the week.

Now that comment should attract a lifetime ban.

Good English chippies (sounds racist but Chinese, for example, have different sales agenda) have delicious pies....two that come to mind are Watersheddings and Robinsons (I think) in Lees.....Holland's pies are always a minor treat when I visit family.

Pukka sh*t are always soggy and are not a patch on Hollands.

8 minutes ago, robboman said:

Pukka fan here

8 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Hollands are a staple but given they're about 50p in Tesco more often than not, I'd begrudge handing over 4 quid for one.

@HarryBosch, c’mon put us out of our misery.... we’re all in suspense here. Where do you stand?

2 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Anyone who thinks Hollands’ are superior to Pukka’s needs putting down.

I live on the edge of Pukka-pie land...….refuse to buy the crap......soggy pastry with a mush filling!!!

I stand by my Lancashire heritage and not succumb to inferior Leicester sh*te.

Archived