Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

44 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

We have started ok tho without being brilliant..... last night was a poor poor performance and a few of that team and management should be feeling bad after that you would hope....

On the up side we have drawn away at Swindon & Mansfield without conceding, so after playing so badly  we got two points at grounds were many will faulter.

Doom and gloom not needed just yet, really no need !!!

Swindon have won just 40% of their home games. Mansfield 50%. Hardly many have faltered. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

Swindon have won just 40% of their home games. Mansfield 50%. Hardly many have faltered. 

Percentage figures after 5 games... ?

They've both lost 1 home game. 

But yeah....

We’ve lost 0% of our away games. 

Picked up points in 100% of away games.

Won 33% of our away games.   

Forgive me if I'm covering something already discussed.

However, Brassbank's accounts seemingly make for interesting reading. 

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04919679/filing-history?page=1

I know there are far better qualified people on here than me at reading this sort of information but in summary:

Having been predominantly dormant since inception in 2003 their first accounts to say anything of note are connected to the ownership of the Renal Centre (behind the RRE) in 2015.

Then they increased their assets by £6.1 million with the North Stand in late 2016.

Then and this is perhaps the most interesting tidbit they increased their assets by £4 million for last year's accounts, which were filed in July. This seems to indicate that Brassbank's assets increased by £4 million around the time AL was first inquiring into the club. 

How much was the land worth again? 

I'd be interested to see what other more experienced people make of it. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I know there are far better qualified people on here than me at reading this sort of information but in summary:

Having been predominantly dormant since inception in 2003 their first accounts to say anything of note are connected to the ownership of the Renal Centre (behind the RRE) in 2015.

Then they increased their assets by £6.1 million with the North Stand in late 2016.

Then and this is perhaps the most interesting tidbit they increased their assets by £4 million for last year's accounts, which were filed in July. This seems to indicate that Brassbank's assets increased by £4 million around the time AL was first inquiring into the club. 

I like u don’t have a understanding  of the ownership, however I know some proper dodgy stuff went on after Moore. Involving joy and Jarvis and when I say dodgy I mean DODGY. And this is from dowie direct, no hp sauce here ! Since then it’s all been about the land! That’s why I am still willing to give AL a last bit of a chance, and he’s on thin ground! But unless he is corrupt and inlflciced by corney? He genuinely bought the club for the right reason for the first time in almost 20 years,

9 minutes ago, robboman said:

I'm always the optimist but failing to pay staff again so soon after a take over doesn't bode well. I don't think the future looks pleasant if AL is in charge. I don't think many will disagree either

the guy at present doesn’t own any assets that make the club money other than match day so of course we are going to struggle. Until we get the OEC / North stand back our situation is unlikely to change. 

1 minute ago, adamoafc said:

the guy at present doesn’t own any assets that make the club money other than match day so of course we are going to struggle. Until we get the OEC / North stand back our situation is unlikely to change. 

As others have said, begs the question on why the hell did he bother taking us over in the first place. Can't see him obtaining the other assets anytime soon either unfortunately

6 hours ago, robboman said:

As others have said, begs the question on why the hell did he bother taking us over in the first place. Can't see him obtaining the other assets anytime soon either unfortunately

maybe we fitted his budget and were available people buy things for the strangest reasons 

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Their could be alot of reasons for it. It also coinicides with the building of houses round the back of the chaddy end so it could be to do with that. It could be to do with assets that arent OAFC they are property business so they could have invested in other sites who knows.

On 10/3/2018 at 12:28 PM, oafcshuck said:

First time we haven't won in three all season

First time the players have been paid late

Make that four 

Downboated ....

Still a coincidence? Surely even the folk of Oldham see the correlation ..

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

He's now come back as Head Groundsman. 

Its interesting isn’t it. What happened to the Head Groundsman? Mr. Lee Williams? If it was THAT bad @ Latics, why would Mr. Flynn come back so soon? More money? Surely money isn’t everything if the working conditions are so bad and you expect to get paid late regularly? Maybe it’s not so bad? However, why did he leave in the first place to be assistant at Dale, when already assistant at Latics? Mr. Flynn says on twitter he doesn’t have the same experience as other Head Groudsmen, are Latics taking the cheap option? Will we have another quagmire come Jan? Either way, I wish the boy well.

9 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Its interesting isn’t it. What happened to the Head Groundsman? Mr. Lee Williams? If it was THAT bad @ Latics, why would Mr. Flynn come back so soon? More money? Surely money isn’t everything if the working conditions are so bad and you expect to get paid late regularly? Maybe it’s not so bad? However, why did he leave in the first place to be assistant at Dale, when already assistant at Latics? Mr. Flynn says on twitter he doesn’t have the same experience as other Head Groudsmen, are Latics taking the cheap option? Will we have another quagmire come Jan? Either way, I wish the boy well.

He has gone work as "Technical Journalist for Putchcare", which seems a fair enough way of getting out of wekend work! Paul Flynn thanked him for all his help, and learned a lot, so I think it is fair to say that Lee helped him get the job,and on hand for advice if asked.

Also, he was the only one willing to pay the going rate for the job....?  ?

Mike Keegan being a scummy journo again. 

This story is appreantly newsworthy!?!? 

Not one story from him about the good community stuff and initiatives done by the club this year, rarely even likes the tweets about that good stuff.  But a bus lane fine for a player and he goes full daily mail story with a purposely ambiguous and sensationalist headline. 

19 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Not one story ftom him about the good community stuff and initiatives done by the club this year, rarely even likes the tweets about that good stuff.  But a bus lane fine for a player and he goes full daily mail story with a purposely ambiguous and sensationalist headline. 

Justice never sleeps

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Not one story from him about the good community stuff and initiatives done by the club this year, rarely even likes the tweets about that good stuff.  But a bus lane fine for a player and he goes full daily mail story with a purposely ambiguous and sensationalist headline. 

"League Two footballer commits minor motoring offence and receives unremarkable fine". 

Hold the front page...

2 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

"League Two footballer commits minor motoring offence and receives unremarkable fine". 

Hold the front page...

And headline it...

”bailiffs turn up at Oldham....”

absolute jerk. 

Archived