Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Perhaps he is, but the way you speak to people that have a differing opinion than you is also really arrogant and borderline abusive...

Yep. Agreed. It’s not my job though and I don’t cry about it when people ‘correct’ me, I don’t become ridiculously defensive and I don’t threaten to go legal. 

He’ll be fine... he’s still quite young. 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see from TWAL that what looked, to my very untrained eye, like a professional drone was being flown around BP last week.  Could it have been doing a survey of the land or roofs, or making sure that the ground-staff were mowing in straight lines,  or maybe it was filming BP so that  AL has something to show potential  investors.

28 minutes ago, laticsrblue said:

I see from TWAL that what looked, to my very untrained eye, like a professional drone was being flown around BP last week.  Could it have been doing a survey of the land or roofs, or making sure that the ground-staff were mowing in straight lines,  or maybe it was filming BP so that  AL has something to show potential  investors.

I'm pretty sure it's a DJI Phanton Pro. They are about £1,000 new, but you could pick one up a used one for about £250.  They give amazing quality picture as they have 4k, but not overly used by pros over home users.
Funnily enough my brother used his for a friend to take roof survey shots over the Natwest Bank in Uppermill, but he's very much the amateur. Similar -ish priced and 4k camera.

12 minutes ago, singe said:

I'm pretty sure it's a DJI Phanton Pro. They are about £1,000 new, but you could pick one up a used one for about £250.  They give amazing quality picture as they have 4k, but not overly used by pros over home users.
Funnily enough my brother used his for a friend to take roof survey shots over the Natwest Bank in Uppermill, but he's very much the amateur. Similar -ish priced and 4k camera.

Was hoping to see something else with a video titled Bank Job. The Jason Statham one is a better watch. Just

11 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Was hoping to see something else with a video titled Bank Job. The Jason Statham one is a better watch. Just

My Dad was manager there for nearly twenty years. Nearly bought it for old time's sake when it came up for sale. 

The main character in Bank Job was based on my mate's uncle. I'm glad he's my mate! 

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

My Dad was manager there for nearly twenty years. Nearly bought it for old time's sake when it came up for sale. 

The main character in Bank Job was based on my mate's uncle. I'm glad he's my mate! 

Sounds like a plot the writers missed. 

Abdullah still wants and believes he can turn the club around in time without other investors. Given it's took 15 years or so to get us to this place I guess he deserves at least 3 years to show some light at the dim part of the tunnel. Maybe it's time for a few forums and truths to be aired?

6 hours ago, Lags said:

Abdullah still wants and believes he can turn the club around in time without other investors. Given it's took 15 years or so to get us to this place I guess he deserves at least 3 years to show some light at the dim part of the tunnel. Maybe it's time for a few forums and truths to be aired?

At the risk of sounding all  Lookers stand Andy a foeumn would really help, to see that plan, rather than words. So far the action has not matched the words IMHO. 

I'm not really interested in a long term plan as there are too many variables for it to be meaningful. What I do want to see is credible management, not team management but on the administrative side, to give confidence that the club is being properly run. It beggars my belief that wasn't the number one priority of the new owner as soon as he had control. 

55 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm not really interested in a long term plan as there are too many variables for it to be meaningful. What I do want to see is credible management, not team management but on the administrative side, to give confidence that the club is being properly run. It beggars my belief that wasn't the number one priority of the new owner as soon as he had control. 

Whereas a long term plan would be good, I agree that it is more important to get the basics right. 

That means both on the playing side and with the running of the club. 

Abdallah needs to take a long hard look at this and make it his number one priority. There is still time.

Surely, the only plan that could be meaningful is the one that gets us out of this division at the first attempt. So far, there is little to suggest it may happen.

Whilst there might not be oodles of cash sloshing about at the club, the quality of players brought in leaves much to be desired, with the exception of the loanees (apart from Graham; he's not good enough).

Is what we've got all we can afford? If so, say so. Is there money to strengthen in January? Yes or no? If we know, we can, hopefully, live with it. Does Bunn have complete control over team affairs? We can all guess, but team selection suggests not. If the answer is yes, then we know he has some strange ideas; to our eyes anyway.

Does Bunn have the full backing of the owner? Universal kiss of death, I know, but at least put something out there.

Who makes up the Board? Is there even a Board? Why do we no longer have a goalkeeping coach? 

All of that only scratches the surface, but it would be a start to give us an idea how the rest of this season might pan out.

2 hours ago, singe said:

At the risk of sounding all  Lookers stand Andy a foeumn would really help, to see that plan, rather than words. So far the action has not matched the words IMHO. 

Absolutely. Any sensible businessman - take Benham from Brentford - would have credible answers to this list. I fear our owner hasn’t even thought of half of them;

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Whereas a long term plan would be good, I agree that it is more important to get the basics right. 

That means both on the playing side and with the running of the club. 

Abdallah needs to take a long hard look at this and make it his number one priority. There is still time.

Admin is a hygiene factor & not something I am going to congratulate anyone for getting right. I believe a Plan, with short, medium & long term goals can be meaningful. The Trust could report to us, how the initiatives that make up the Plan were being achieved over time.

Serious question to all members, not just those that doubt Abdullah ( which may or may not prove right, given he doesn't have enough ready cash to make it work throwing bucket loads at it. More property rich), How long do you give him to clear the debts enabling to fund the team more?

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

Serious question to all members, not just those that doubt Abdullah ( which may or may not prove right, given he doesn't have enough ready cash to make it work throwing bucket loads at it. More property rich), How long do you give him to clear the debts enabling to fund the team more?

What debts is he clearing? He tells us there are debts. We have no proof. And if there are, his due diligence in enuring those debts were settled long before he took the keys off Corney was woeful, for which he only has himself to blame.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What debts is he clearing? He tells us there are debts. We have no proof. And if there are, his due diligence in enuring those debts were settled long before he took the keys off Corney was woeful, for which he only has himself to blame.

The question was how long do you give him? of course there were debts, serious debts

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

He's probably got as long as he likes - there's hardly a queue of eager buyers for the club.

The question is how long the club can survive being run the way it is - I would suggest not long.

At the moment it seems a bit of a race to see what happens first - going out of the league or going out of business.

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

He's probably got as long as he likes - there's hardly a queue of eager buyers for the club.

The question is how long the club can survive being run the way it is - I would suggest not long.

At the moment it seems a bit of a race to see what happens first - going out of the league or going out of business.

I appreciate you've answered and aired your concerns, but please tell me how long you will give him before you say, times up

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I’ve already given as long as I would’ve given him & have made my mind up he’s a fool. I don’t believe we will ever be successful under his leadership.

Everyone as their own opinnion and its as valid as the next. Can I now ask, what do you know he's actually done, paid out, sorting out or hasn't even looked at?

Archived