Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

6 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Mike Keegan being a scummy journo again. 

This story is appreantly newsworthy!?!? 

Not one story from him about the good community stuff and initiatives done by the club this year, rarely even likes the tweets about that good stuff.  But a bus lane fine for a player and he goes full daily mail story with a purposely ambiguous and sensationalist headline. 

"League Two footballer commits minor motoring offence and receives unremarkable fine". 

Hold the front page...

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. Corney owns a house. It's too big for him really. He likes the image presented by living in this house, but he can't really afford to pay the mortgage. He's in arrears and the banks are talking ab

Good!!

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

"League Two footballer commits minor motoring offence and receives unremarkable fine". 

Hold the front page...

And headline it...

”bailiffs turn up at Oldham....”

absolute jerk. 

Ironically, the only misleading headline is your edited version, Kowenicki. Funny, that. 

There was no intention to mislead. The headline and the first sentence tell the whole story. To be honest, I found it quite amusing. It’s not a Pulitzer, just a quirky little piece that, unless you’re ultra-sensitive, isn’t really having a pop at the club. 

I went as a fan for the first time this season, yesterday. Going really well, isn’t it? 

5 minutes ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Ironically, the only misleading headline is your edited version, Kowenicki. Funny, that. 

There was no intention to mislead. The headline and the first sentence tell the whole story. To be honest, I found it quite amusing. It’s not a Pulitzer, just a quirky little piece that, unless you’re ultra-sensitive, isn’t really having a pop at the club. 

I went as a fan for the first time this season, yesterday. Going really well, isn’t it? 

You don't need to justify yourself to this bunch, but you should have been more than once so far this season.

No matter how bad we are that is poor form ? 

It all smacks a bit of brexiteers blaming news reports for everything going to shit.

As if somehow a fairly innocent article about a player making a bit of a tit of himself is reason for the huge, depressing black hole of utter shit we find ourselves in.  

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

It all smacks a bit of brexiteers blaming news reports for everything going to shit.

As if somehow a fairly innocent article about a player making a bit of a tit of himself is reason for the huge, depressing black hole of utter shit we find ourselves in.  

I think it was a bit crafty/snidey, left to the reader to deduce who the culprit was... #frenchlads 

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I think it was a bit crafty/snidey, left to the reader to deduce who the culprit was... #frenchlads 

Fair enough, it depends how you take it. 

I just thought it was a “footballer does something daft” article. Didn’t think twice about who it might be. 

1 hour ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Without context Mike it is a quirky little piece that could bring a little smile to people's faces.

But the context is that your last major piece was about the shambles at the club and the more time is going on, the more things look like being as bad as you say.  As fans we're getting really worried about the clubs short term future (let alone long term future) and we're still looking for clarification about if the players have been paid or not, then subsequently if they plan to strike next month as a result (which wouldn't blame them for).

I appreciated that original piece as it gave me an indicator of the standards that are being held by those in charge of the club (sadly not very high it seems).  But I was hoping that the next bit of news out of the club would shine more light on the mess behind the scenes and offer solutions or a way forward. 

The only way this piece has any relevance in the context of the current situation is if the player in question couldn't afford to pay the fine because he hadn't been paid.  I certainly wouldn't be laughing at the player if that was the case.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh
2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Fair enough, it depends how you take it. 

I just thought it was a “footballer does something daft” article. Didn’t think twice about who it might be. 

The tone of Mike's articles have been fairly hostile towards Lemsagam and this one was no different, certainly nothing light hearted about it.

15 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The tone of Mike's articles have been fairly hostile towards Lemsagam and this one was no different, certainly nothing light hearted about it.

And even if they are, unless you’re implying there’s a racial aspect, is it not with good reason?

We are where we are because of owners past and present. You may peddle the Frankie Dull line but we’re scraping the bottom of the playing and managerial barrel and have been for some time. 

Until that changes no amount of ‘happy clappy’ Keegan articles will make any difference. 

1 hour ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Mike

Keep shining a light on the shambolic goings on at our club some fans don't want to read it because they don't want to hear the truth, and would rather bury their heads in the sand about whats going on.

If anyone wants to know where the problems lie at our football club start at the top amd work your way down.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mike

Keep shining a light on the shambolic goings on at our club some fans don't want to read it because they don't want to hear the truth, and would rather bury their heads in the sand about whats going on.

If anyone wants to know where the problems lie at our football club start at the top amd work your way down.

Correct.  We are actually quite fortunate that someone at a national paper gives a toss as I wouldn't imagine many of their readers do.

• Like 1