Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

14 minutes ago, underdog said:

Would we not have had legal notifications or bailiffs at the door  by now? geniune question

Well it’s only been a few months since the last one, so time will tell. What about the none payment of pensions? Any truth in it? If so very worrying. Maybe he’s robbing peter to pay Paul ? Or robbing the staff to pay off bailiffs? We just don’t know.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There are so many genuine questions fans have put to the Trust but answering  them seems a whole different ball game, suck it and see approach won't wash for very much longer and the rumblings coming from disgruntled ex employees is rather worrying, I suppose you have to tow the line though or you'll be the next to be not welcomed at the club.

Genuine question - do you think Tony Philliskirk has been treated fairly?

I am not entitled to known nor do I know of  Tony's case and even if I did I wouldn't comment on social media. If you do, do you want to tell us why you think he has been treated unfairly?

The Trust are here to ensure the club continues to exist, there is nothing to suggest at this moment in time that it suddenly won't. There are people in situ that are in and around the club on a daily basis, that have been through the last 14 years since its inception. That has support itself from an outside organisation, Supporters Direct, who have helped various other Trusts when asked.

The previous owner made it difficult for your Trust Rep and not welcoming , the new Owner is the opposite. 

We are fans we are passionate about our club, we want to know all, jump on anything news worth that comes out of our club especially the way modern social media is where anything posted is around the world in seconds. At the end of the day its a business and its Al's business.

I am prepared to see where we are in January, I don't think its asking too much to see where we are up to his first year in after several years of neglect

23 minutes ago, underdog said:

The previous owner made it difficult for your Trust Rep and not welcoming , the new Owner is the opposite. 

And those fans not in that "inner circle" now while the trust have a nice cozy relationship get as much info from the trust as when the trust weren't welcomed in. So who cares?

If AL pulls the plug tomorrow the trust would be as useful as an airbag in a plane crash

2 hours ago, underdog said:

this seasons was always going to be a season of change and stability.

In all honesty, if I thought this was the case I'd be absolutely fine with us finishing lower mid table if it was clear that the club was sorting itself out and getting ready to push back up to the top of this league and maybe beyond.

But the changes so far don't really look like being for the better (from the outside at least) and stability?  We've had at absolute most two months of stability since Bunn was appointed which is why, despite not thinking he's doing a great job, I find it hard to criticise him when the environment he's working in is so unstable!

5 hours ago, underdog said:

The Trust are here to ensure the club continues to exist, there is nothing to suggest at this moment in time that it suddenly won't.

If our sole owner doesn't have a board of directors, then struggles to paid wages on multiple occasions in the first year, I think it legitimate to worry about the club's existence.

8 hours ago, underdog said:

Off the top of my head and whats been reported as well

There was the ground keeping contract that came up about May time that had to be settled to the tune of £75K ( i think) and the club still have not had an outcome (if its called that) from the HMRC raid last November.

Those things shouldnt be effecting us paying the staff in september though.

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

What exactly are you planning to do at the end of Jan once you've decided whether you're happy/unhappy with him? 

Nowt. Just like everyone else here who just whines and bitches about him here. That’s all they ever do. But I’ll have made my mind up about him. 

51 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Those things shouldnt be effecting us paying the staff in september though.

I was responding to the historic stuff, the wages i did not include. There were changes to staff, changes to the clubs bank account, delay with a transfer of funds. it has all been covered.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

There are so many genuine questions fans have put to the Trust but answering  them seems a whole different ball game, suck it and see approach won't wash for very much longer and the rumblings coming from disgruntled ex employees is rather worrying, I suppose you have to tow the line though or you'll be the next to be not welcomed at the club.

Genuine question - do you think Tony Philliskirk has been treated fairly?

Do you think he hasn’t? Do tell. 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Surely you have an opinion? 

You follow the club, you’ve seen what’s gone on. 

I’m not trying to coerce you into saying we’re screwed, but you seem to have some optimism or faith he will come good. 

Is it blind faith? If so, fair enough. 

Hope. Benefit of the doubt. I’ve already said that will last until January for me.  I’d hope to see further progress by then.  

8 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

And those fans not in that "inner circle" now while the trust have a nice cozy relationship get as much info from the trust as when the trust weren't welcomed in. So who cares?

If AL pulls the plug tomorrow the trust would be as useful as an airbag in a plane crash

excellent the airbag is aware of how the club runs on a day to day basis, knows staff at the club and can be approached at anytime with regards to, has a dialogue with the owner and  can call upon support from Supporters direct, the EFL and the council.

what would help is boosting the kitty, you have heard how much it cost to run the club, you know how much finances the Trust have.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

If our sole owner doesn't have a board of directors, then struggles to paid wages on multiple occasions in the first year, I think it legitimate to worry about the club's existence.

Agreed about the board and existence. 

Hes working on both he's Speaking to the Trust rep in her capacity with updates. I would be naive to say all is rosey and we remain vigilante as always, but he needs time and support and I am prepared to give him this. Its all i can do

21 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hes working on both he's Speaking to the Trust rep in her capacity with updates. I would be naive to say all is rosey and we remain vigilante as always, but he needs time and support and I am prepared to give him this. Its all i can do

Vigilante might be the best option :)

29 minutes ago, underdog said:

Sounds like you have been won over by him again? Has something changed? U seemed as worried as us last time none payment of wages happened ? 

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

Well it’s only been a few months since the last one, so time will tell. What about the none payment of pensions? Any truth in it? If so very worrying. Maybe he’s robbing peter to pay Paul ? Or robbing the staff to pay off bailiffs? We just don’t know.

Robbing Peter to pay Paul when Peter is just pension contributions is hardly going to work is it.  We are talking a few percent of the wages bill. 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

Andy. We’re not unique. 

Charlton- can’t remember the owners name, but he was interviewed on talksport and basically he said Charlton was a punt. He had load of other interests and while he felt sympathy for the fans, it was just a business that needed offloading. 

Leyton Orient- Italian owner ‘why would he buy a struggling league one side’ Came in, splashed his cash for 12 months and thought wtf have I done here. 

Port Vale another example. 

Point being, they don’t seek us out in cafe bar in Dubai. We’re not in the local foreign press under ‘great opportunity in the north england’

It’s rich(ish) mates to talking to other mates. It plays to his ego to have a go at running a club. It was well documented when he first took over how much he enjoyed saying he was now the owner. There all the same- throw a few quid at it, realise what’s involved- shit themselves- then survive while playing the PR game. 

Well described. To be fair, if it is ego alone that is his motivation, I guess that's better than other more nefarious motives......

3 hours ago, disjointed said:

UK passport? Granted it ain't going to be as good as the European one. 

Seems a very expensive way of going about getting one..... he was a shareholder in a seemingly successful business prior to his decision to buy us. One assumes he could've found other routes/means to operate in Europe & the UK and apply for residency of a desired location accordingly..... 

10 hours ago, underdog said:

......maybe its a case he wants everything bottomed out, drawn a line under where he can then roll out the plan.....

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

It would be great to know [by hearing from the Trust rep on the board] that he actually has one Tracy..... and to be told about the basic tenets of it.

Archived