Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

City loanees? No thanks. Taking young loanees from the prem doesn't work for outfield players. League 1 is so far removed from what they are used to that they are often ineffective. It's a non-starter for me

Dummigan , Hunt, MacLaughlin, Duffus......did we not recruit them directly from the premier league academies you deride

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who have been out 10 most successful players since being relegated to league 1?   the vast majority have good solid league 1 (and above) experience I would guess - eyres, shez, Murray, warne, Clarke etc.  There are exceptions but we will not build a team made up of youngsters from the prem. we need experienced players. look at the shit we have had from city in the last 5 yrs. It worries me every time we sign a 20 year old from a prem club who hasn't made it. They are generally duffers. 

16 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Who have been out 10 most successful players since being relegated to league 1?   the vast majority have good solid league 1 (and above) experience I would guess - eyres, shez, Murray, warne, Clarke etc.  There are exceptions but we will not build a team made up of youngsters from the prem. we need experienced players. look at the shit we have had from city in the last 5 yrs. It worries me every time we sign a 20 year old from a prem club who hasn't made it. They are generally duffers. 

Your right there they have sent us some right cranks Scapuzzi, Mancini Jnr, Risnak and Plummer must have played a combined 5 games n they were all toss. Always seemed to me like we had done something to seriously piss them off and we didn't know about it, and by sending them here was there way of getting back at us and pissing themselves at our expense. 

Maybe that Vernon goal must have riled them more than we imagined

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

or Duffus.

2 hours ago, Andy b said:

You need a combination of youth and experience, if you don't have youth the team will struggle with long term progression

It's daft to say all premier league youngsters are crap, just as it is daft to say all experience is good. For every mancini there is a jose Baxter. For every Clark there is a guy Branston.

For every gold nugget you will find fools gold. The problem we have is we find more fools gold than most no matter what their back ground

Not expecting anything today with it being a bank holiday but hoping for something definitive this week regarding investment or sale.

No news would be a disaster as its clearly creating uncertainty amongst the players and manager and the fans.

Delays will only increase concerns and add to the existing problems.

Thankfully I think there is enough anger amongst fans for corney to sit up and listen this time, whether he has investment lined up or not. This time last year i didn't feel there was the will to protest, express views etc and corney was getting away with it. Rather fans were just disappearing. You are down to the very hardcore now who will not just wander off quietly like the other 3k we have lost but will put up a fight and make feelings known (I hope). Corney has pulled the wool over our eyes one too many times to get away with any more I feel. 

18 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Thankfully I think there is enough anger amongst fans for corney to sit up and listen this time, whether he has investment lined up or not. This time last year i didn't feel there was the will to protest, express views etc and corney was getting away with it. Rather fans were just disappearing. You are down to the very hardcore now who will not just wander off quietly like the other 3k we have lost but will put up a fight and make feelings known (I hope). Corney has pulled the wool over our eyes one too many times to get away with any more I feel. 

Feels different this time, if this investment doesn't come off then I think administration becomes a very real possibility.

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

It's daft to say all premier league youngsters are crap, just as it is daft to say all experience is good. For every mancini there is a jose Baxter. For every Clark there is a guy Branston.

For every gold nugget you will find fools gold. The problem we have is we find more fools gold than most no matter what their back ground

Very true. My point being that anyone who thinks linking up with city will provide us with a supply of good players is mistaken. Your team needs to be built around quality experience. We have had 1 maybe 2 such players at any such time over each of the last 7 seasons. It's not enough. 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Very true. My point being that anyone who thinks linking up with city will provide us with a supply of good players is mistaken. Your team needs to be built around quality experience. We have had 1 maybe 2 such players at any such time over each of the last 7 seasons. It's not enough. 

Clarke

Gerrard

Green

Wilson

Davies

Been watching Latics for over 40 years and a Season Ticket Holder for over two decades

In my second Season being a 'pay as I go' Supporter, picking my games to watch

Cant see my current tactics changing unless there is a significant improvement on the pitch, either by new investment or someone building a team who actually want to play for Oldham Athletic and our Supporters

10 minutes ago, 4oakslatic said:

It feels different this time, like something is really bust rather than broken and patched up. It's worrying.

.... forgetting that fans are 'boycotting' the whateveritscalledthisyear trophy, it'll make for an interesting night on Tuesday at ISZ all the same!

in fact that's a point, I wonder if laddo will change the name back to Boundary Park, tell Ashley to do one ... kick the great unwashed out of the Chaddy End and re open the Latique? lol

Archived