Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

That’s a question go to which we’ve been seeking an answer to since the day he walked through the door.

If you didn’t have the necessary funding to advance the club it just beggars belief!!

There has to be an ulterior motive, absolutely has to be!!

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is that stupid he thought he was buying the ground, that’s well documented. 

He spent millions and had no idea what he was buying, and continues to plug the gap. He’s not going anywhere, and if he does, he’s probably taking us down with him. 

Step up the red button trust. 

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

He is that stupid he thought he was buying the ground, that’s well documented. 

He spent millions and had no idea what he was buying, and continues to plug the gap. He’s not going anywhere, and if he does, he’s probably taking us down with him. 

Step up the red button trust. 

What was it on the podcast this week?  They have £12k in the bank I think

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Over three years on. I don't understand why he still does it. He is clearly putting money in and gets no thanks for it. Given that he cashed in on Danny Rowe or the sake of 40 grand, surely he won't ever be able to afford to buy the ground and if he can't do that, then what exactly does he get from owning this club...?

Ego.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

What was it on the podcast this week?  They have £12k in the bank I think

Was that the club or the Trust? I couldn't quite make out.

Our CEO says it will be a struggle to pay the wages this month. If AL can't afford that, then where is he going to get the £6m+ for the stadium and surrounding land from.

38 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Our CEO says it will be a struggle to pay the wages this month. If AL can't afford that, then where is he going to get the £6m+ for the stadium and surrounding land from.

Karl say that ? 

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Over three years on. I don't understand why he still does it. He is clearly putting money in and gets no thanks for it. Given that he cashed in on Danny Rowe or the sake of 40 grand, surely he won't ever be able to afford to buy the ground and if he can't do that, then what exactly does he get from owning this club...?

I reckon there's oil underneath BP.
JR Lemsagam, complete with big hat and a fat cigar!

6 hours ago, al_bro said:

If he's got no money he should sell up and clear off asap.

On 2/24/2021 at 2:34 PM, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Fairly easy one this Lee

AL thought if he chucked a few £million in, that the Club would simply rise up the football pyramid and he could bask in the glory of being a successful owner of an English Football Club

He was done over with what he thought he was buying, his own fault of course and has continued a quite remarkable sequence of blunders ever since due to his obvious lack of any commercial awareness to even manage a corner shop

All his disposable wealth or certainly most of it is now sinking along with the club he purchased in the lower end of the football league

He just cant afford to just walk away 

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Fairly easy one this Lee

AL thought if he chucked a few £million in, that the Club would simply rise up the football pyramid and he could bask in the glory of being a successful owner of an English Football Club

He was done over with what he thought he was buying, his own fault of course and has continued a quite remarkable sequence of blunders ever since due to his obvious lack of any commercial awareness to even manage a corner shop

All his disposable wealth or certainly most of it is now sinking along with the club he purchased in the lower end of the football league

He just cant afford to just walk away 

Trouble is though TGWB, can he afford to carry on financing it either? Looks like he might be better cutting his losses if he is still having to plough in £s without any reasonable prospect of a return. 

As far as I am aware, his investment to the club is by way of Directors Loan which I presume he wants back (or at least a substantial proportion of it), yet his assets are worth significantly less than their book value. 

24 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Trouble is though TGWB, can he afford to carry on financing it either? Looks like he might be better cutting his losses if he is still having to plough in £s without any reasonable prospect of a return. 

As far as I am aware, his investment to the club is by way of Directors Loan which I presume he wants back (or at least a substantial proportion of it), yet his assets are worth significantly less than their book value. 

His predicament is that he has money in the club by means of the price he initially paid and additionally in Director Loans, both of which he has aspirations to recover

However in the real world, the further the club falls and the longer this goes on, all his investment simply reduces in value.

We don't know if he has any other means of revenue or his initial wealth, but am pretty certain that whatever he had/has must be under severe pressure

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

A think a lot now rides on how long before blitz calls enough 

Archived