Takeover / New Investment - What Rumours Have You Heard?

3 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Another reason why we need fans back in the ground. Until then (and no doubt for a while after) 🤡 can simply ignore public opinion.

They'll ignore it anyway, because they are always right. Unquestionably right. Every time. They will not be challenged.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/28/2021 at 11:23 AM, nzlatic said:

Can it all be valued independently so a fair market price can be ascertained? Is that why the trust are looking for RICS surveyors?

Yes we are. It is part of a ACV pre-trigger checklist. 

Intelligence gathering to see if/when the ACV is triggered is bidding for BP a viable option? and can we run it - think business plan.

The list has about 12 points on it. We ran through it the other week basically to understand if we had the resources to commit to the work that has to go into it and cost if we cannot source the skillsets too. 

I believe a RICS surveyor could cost £600-800 per hour. I may have sourced one as I am just waiting for them to come back to me. 

Its part of a new overall strategy that we will be finalising in the next month. We have had to ask ourselves are we ready for fan investment/ownership of Club, stadium or both. We are not, but now we are making plans to do so.....but we need help and we need everyone to be involved too.

Another part is intelligence gathering from the council, primarily SAG reports on condition of BP.  We put a freedom of information act request in. Think if it that we have to replace the main stand or chaddy quite soon? Think North Stand too

However, we had our request rejected and we have had to put in a request for an internal review (another way of an appeal). Does not make sense when there is a council in London who publishes full SAG stuff on its own website. TBA on outcome

Cheers

On 3/1/2021 at 2:00 PM, kowenicki said:

I’ve been saying this forever... along with @lookersstandandy

Even after the recent podcast where I reiterated it, I was jumped on by those that can’t see the wood for the trees including our friendly ‘supporter’ hack from the Mail who was annoyed I dared to disagree with him. 

Agreed.

You have to ask yourself what is currently open to offers for sale?

The answer is our home, BP. The landlords want out if/when the ACV is triggered then the Trust has the right to bid and if ready, can do so within the first 6 weeks as a non-profit organisation, if bid is accepted, potentially be the clubs landlord within 6 weeks. OR, we can extend the period for an additional 4.5 months - 6 months in total.

The question is are OAFC fans ready for fan ownership/investment? 

This week the DCMS announced a community ownership fund. More to follow in June, Its on our radar, with other funding research we need to think about, pre-requistion grants, SBI grants, requistion grants..Should we be a CBS instead so we can offer shares?..oodles of work

Its going to take a helluva lot of work. This week the Trust zoom met Hearts of Midlothian to understand their journey of being in Admin and how they turned it around. I tried to get Ann Budge on a transfer into us, but they would not have it....blast it.

Archived