Ex players and that

If you think for one second that anyone makes a healthy profit from a League 1 football club with average attendances barely scraping 4,500 then you are seriously misguided. I would love to see some "healthy profit" figures to back up your theory. Love it, just love it. Oh :censored:, I've come over all Keeganesque.

Corney seems to be doing alright with his housing estates and hospital units.

Losses are in brackets;

(867877)

(875562)

(619639)

(537846)

(414006)

(1523937)

(784815)

(4882258) Culmulative to 30th June 2014

Are these figures reliable? If so how have the club managed to make a profit for the last 3 seasons, that's some turn round.

Are these figures reliable? If so how have the club managed to make a profit for the last 3 seasons, that's some turn round.

Very basic answer but the early years include carrying old contracts from the previous regime and spending on squads with the likes of Wellens, Liddell and Whitaker in their primes (OK, but Ronnie was given money) with no money from the loss of Porter followed by lower salaries and some player sales plus cup runs

The figures are reliable as they were calculated for me from Companies House information as per the official Accounts submitted.

There is a lot more detail on another thread relating to cup matches and player sales etc to explain how profits may have arisen in each period.

The basic truth of the matter is that we are in fact a loss making enterprise-as are most Football League clubs

Very basic answer but the early years include carrying old contracts from the previous regime and spending on squads with the likes of Wellens, Liddell and Whitaker in their primes (OK, but Ronnie was given money) with no money from the loss of Porter followed by lower salaries and some player sales plus cup runs

Old contracts died with the old club!

You mean the ones like Matty Appleby who we was paying £3,500 a week until 2005 and no doubt Chris Killen was on a relatively high salary considering he played 90 games for us and apparently ended up costing us £13,000 for each game he played in overall...

As pointed out below, you are incorrect. No football club is allowed to retain it's League registration without paying all of what are considered to be, "football debts." This is why we and Leicester are old clubs but Accrington Stanley and Glasgow Rangers are new ones.

As pointed out below, you are incorrect. No football club is allowed to retain it's League registration without paying all of what are considered to be, "football debts." This is why we and Leicester are old clubs but Accrington Stanley and Glasgow Rangers are new ones.

I stand corrected if that was the case, Mind you it couldnt have really been a major reason behind all those Losses for the first 7 years.

I think that the real reason was that TTA had a belief in a long term plan for the club and were willing to make an Investment, which they are now unwilling to write off!

I stand corrected if that was the case, Mind you it couldnt have really been a major reason behind all those Losses for the first 7 years.

I think that the real reason was that TTA had a belief in a long term plan for the club and were willing to make an Investment, which they are now unwilling to write off!

They certainly spent for promotion the first few years. I guess the rest is tied up in a lot of other things. Edited by leeslover

. Edited by leeslover