Ex players and that

Clubs often make it a condition of a loan.

I could understand a player (eg, Yeates) on a temporary deal not wanting to be cup tied if he was hoping for/expecting to need a move to a club at a similar level.

Dunn said Fulton didn't want to be cup tied (Dunn didn't seem to think there was much wrong with that, which said a lot about Dunn in my eyes).

Swansea didn't stipulate he didn't get cup tied as far as we know (not least because they felt there was :censored:s chance of them letting him anywhere near an FA Cup match).

What must his Latics team mates have thought of him not wanting to help them in a match that could make a massive difference to their season?

Oh, and he never did play in the FA Cup for Swansea.

I love this? What did his team mates think? Really? Dunn a former professional footballer didn't think much of it... What did his team mates think!? Do you think professional footballer players think like fans? More specifically Oldham fans!?

Not to mention marking himself out as a bit of a wrong un in the little village that is football?

You're defending the indefensible for some reason :lol:

Wrong un!? Have I missed something!? Are you talking about his time at Latics!?

What village!?

Despite what you may have wanted for your team. It wasn't in his contract & he can do what he wants?

What has he done wrong exactly?

How is it indefensible!!!!?

Edited by palmer1

If that's what the contract said then so be it but the word 'refuse' makes it sound bad. If he did refuse when asked then I take no pity because you know what you were signing up for and you should honour the contract. I'm not arsed about Fulton particularly but this is in a general sense - it's not the first or the last time this will happen to Latics or any other FL club.

And I'm not questioning yours or anybody else's support...

He honoured his contract so what's the proble!m!?

David Dunn said he refused & if you cut to the chase I'm sure that's exactly what he did! Not in as many words but he didn't play. We didn't hear the full explanation though did we?

Dunn also said described himself he was a footballer manager....

I always thought it was pretty common for players to not want to get cup tied, especially if it's just a months loan. Why would you risk ruining the chance to play in the cup later in the season. What's happening these days, players get slagged off for smallest irrelevant things.

He honoured his contract so what's the proble!m!?

David Dunn said he refused & if you cut to the chase I'm sure that's exactly what he did! Not in as many words but he didn't play. We didn't hear the full explanation though did we?

Dunn also said described himself he was a footballer manager....

How do you know what his contract was? We are guessing here, but like Bosch says, in principle you're defending the indefensible...

He wasn't contracted to play in the FA Cup for us or he would have done! It really is that simple. How's that for a defence!? It isn't even really up for debate.

Nobody has put forward a good argument as why he should have played other than he should have been committed to the club they support even though it doesn't actually employ him.

He wasn't contracted to play in the FA Cup for us or he would have done! It really is that simple. How's that for a defence!? It isn't even really up for debate.

Nobody has put forward a good argument as why he should have played other than he should have been committed to the club they support even though it doesn't actually employ him.

People who work temping from agencies aren't employed by their companies yet, whilst they "temporally" work for them they do as they're told, not as they like

People who work temping from agencies aren't employed by their companies yet, whilst they "temporally" work for them they do as they're told, not as they like

Unless it's not in their contract!

If it wasnt in their contract to work Monday's or to play in the FA Cup it's their prerogative to decline when asked.

How are people missing this? He owed the club or the supporters who did nothing but criticise his performances nothing. He did his contracted job & when his contract came to an end he went back to his parent club.

Edited by palmer1

Unless it's not in their contract!

If it wasnt in their contract to work Monday's or to play in the FA Cup it's their prerogative to decline when asked.

How are people missing this? He owed the club or the supporters who did nothing but criticise his performances nothing. He did his contracted job & when his contract came to an end he went back to his parent club.

Do you really think it's specifically included in a players contract with their parent clubs to play in the cup competitions or do you think it's just expected that you play as and when you are required unless injured or parent club refuses?

Do you really think it's specifically included in a players contract with their parent clubs to play in the cup competitions or do you think it's just expected that you play as and when you are required unless injured or parent club refuses?

I think that he had every right to opt out if it 'might' have counted against him at a later date. Even on a very slight chance of it doing so.

The point that is missed by some here is that the refusal to play was entirely symptomatic of his general performances in a Latics shirt.

He had no interest in challenging for the ball and made a habit of arriving 2 seconds behind where the ball had just left. Any player should have a pride in their performance that was absolutely lacking in his.

I don't personally have an issue with the cup 'refusal'...... but if Swansea gave him the all clear and he refused to play, Dunn should have thanked him for his efforts and terminated the loan agreement on the above grounds.

He clearly has ability as he showed in the second half of one game in which he was benched (god only knows which - we lost 2-1)....... but the pride in his performance to excel? I strongly doubt it!!

Started today for Aldershot and subbed after an hour. Currently losing 8-2 against Chester.

Alabi, a 6'1" striker released recenty by Ipswich and signed on a short term deal by Chester scored 4 goals..must be worth a look.

Edited by BP1960