Ex players and that

Ironically, the reporter responsible for this story is apparently same guy who tweeted this morning about Shez to Bolton.

So may be we shouldn't worry too much.

Dunn blabbing again then. He seems to get a massive number of Bolton stories for some reason.

He was right on some though.

Dale Stephens sent of for Brighton at Boro.

Don Goodman saying it was reckless and out of control on Sky. It did leave the Boro lad with a nasty injury.

I saw it as Stephens knocked the ball away with his toe and the Boro lads swinging leg smashed in to Stephens studs. Shin pads!?

What's anyone elses view?

Edited by palmer1

Dale Stephens sent of for Brighton at Boro.

Don Goodman saying it was reckless and out of control on Sky. It did leave the Boro lad with a nasty injury.

I saw it as Stephens knocked the ball away with his toe and the Boro lads swinging leg smashed in to Stephens studs. Shin pads!?

What's anyone elses view?

They had a bit of a do just before. He's then gone in with his studs showing and left a very nasty rip into the side of his leg. Red card for me.

They had a bit of a do just before. He's then gone in with his studs showing and left a very nasty rip into the side of his leg. Red card for me.

But didn't the injury occur becausehis leg crashed into the studs rather than visa versa?

Studs showing is a regularly used phrase nowadays but sometimes your studs show when you toe the ball away. You have to lift your leg on occasion.

Nasty looking injury though, no doubt.

I don't think it's a red, ball is in the air, it's a 50-50 challenge which stephens gets to. Nasty injury but accidental i feel. I think the ref had a yellow out until he saw his leg bleeding.

Tarky (and Barton) misses out on a championship winners medal at their presentation due to an "administrative error".

The football league informed Burnley that there would be 25 medals to present but Burnley put forward 27 players.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Tarky (and Barton) misses out on a championship winners medal at their presentation due to an "administrative error".

The football league informed Burnley that there would be 25 medals to present but Burnley put forward 27 players.

Did the expect a higher ratio of medals due to the additional fingers in the town?

I'm on holiday in the Algarve at the mo. Got talking to an older gent and his wife in the hotel bar. Big Wigan fans, both of them. Mentioned I was a Latics fan and he said his brother used to play for us - turned out to be Maurice Whittle's brother. Apparently he's not so well these days, but they had some good stories about him playing with George Best (at Fort Lauderdale). Nice couple.

I'm on holiday in the Algarve at the mo. Got talking to an older gent and his wife in the hotel bar. Big Wigan fans, both of them. Mentioned I was a Latics fan and he said his brother used to play for us - turned out to be Maurice Whittle's brother. Apparently he's not so well these days, but they had some good stories about him playing with George Best (at Fort Lauderdale). Nice couple.

I was there last week. Sadly didn't bump into Maurice Whittle's brother! Equally sad to hear he's not too good. One of my earliest heroes Maurice. Couldn't half strike a ball.