Ex players and that

don't know how he's managed that, fair play to him though... for me he always seemed a decent lad and always gave 100%, :censored:e though

I disagree, the problem with Simpson is he only plays for his contract then he plays :censored:e as he doesn't give a :censored:. Look at him in his first season when he was playing for a contract, or in the FA Cup when it was about personal glory as well, he was unplayable.

I disagree, the problem with Simpson is he only plays for his contract then he plays :censored:e as he doesn't give a :censored:. Look at him in his first season when he was playing for a contract, or in the FA Cup when it was about personal glory as well, he was unplayable.

i agree he played for a contract in his first spell with latics.. but what player doesn't play for a contract? it's their job! but he wasn't unplayable in the cups we just played to his strengths! i really do believe he gave 100% in most of his games for latics.. just wasnt a very versatile player and was limited!

Morais has 6 already this season for Stevenage and has assisted quite a few too. Talk of him to a Championship club round those parts...

bi always liked to watch him play.. similarly i like watching schmeltz play, both like to run at players! and god only knows why we let him go and didn't offer him a new contract

It's no good running at players if you can't get past them...

no, but schmeltz up to now has done this very well, morais did at the start of his spell - mk dons away he played absolutely class and put in about 10 crosses which yep you guessed no one got on the end of! 0-0 awful game apart from morais

Morais' performance in that 1-0 home win against Huddersfield was Championship class easily, it was consistency he struggled with!

Morais' performance in that Huddersfield game was Champions League class. As you say though, very inconsistent, hence why he's playing in League 1.

Edited by Break The Silence

Someone mentioned a while back, that when they are watching Soccer Saturday or Final Score, ex Oldham players seem to crop up all the time, and someone replied with i'm sure that happens to most other teams as well but we notice it more as they were our players BUT, there does seem a great amount of our players who have gone on to the Championship when we didn't think they'd be good enough for L1.

I watched TFLS and Sheff Wed v Reading was one of the main games...Jermaine Johnson, Jordan Obita and Nick Blackman were all on display.

Also in the Championship, M'voto, O'Grady, Cywka, Turnbull, Wabara, Wellens, Eardley, Furman, Cisak, Grabban, Derbyshire, Clint Hill, Matty Smith, Hines, Stephens, Grant, Chris Taylor, Lowe, Pollitt.

It was pretty evident of those above that M'voto, Wellens, Eardley, Derbyshire, Hill, Stephens, Grant and Taylor were all going to be good enough to play in the Championship.

Did Turnbull play for us?!

Johnson clearly had enough about him to play at a higher level once he'd matured a little bit and could find that consistency.

Of the others, all but O'Grady, Furman, Cisak and Smith were loaned to us by teams in higher divisions and it should come as no surprise they are plying their trade at a higher level.

Someone mentioned a while back, that when they are watching Soccer Saturday or Final Score, ex Oldham players seem to crop up all the time, and someone replied with i'm sure that happens to most other teams as well but we notice it more as they were our players BUT, there does seem a great amount of our players who have gone on to the Championship when we didn't think they'd be good enough for L1.

I watched TFLS and Sheff Wed v Reading was one of the main games...Jermaine Johnson, Jordan Obita and Nick Blackman were all on display.

Also in the Championship, M'voto, O'Grady, Cywka, Turnbull, Wabara, Wellens, Eardley, Furman, Cisak, Grabban, Derbyshire, Clint Hill, Matty Smith, Hines, Stephens, Grant, Chris Taylor, Lowe, Pollitt.

The more contentious ones are people like tierney.

It all adds to the argument for continuity and stability.

Collections of once poor individual players can become good teams if they spend enough time together, develop that sixth sense etc...

And I bet it takes a good few years to coach the average league one player to his full potential, for every message to finally sink in.

They're not blessed with the natural ability or fitness of their Premier League or Championship counterparts and not as quick on the uptake. And the standard of coaching isn't as good.

Keep the majority of this lot together and bring in just 2 or 3 better quality additions in the summer and we'll fly next season (and finish comfortably mid table in the Championship after this seasons play off win :grin:)