Ex players and that

13 hours ago, JoeP said:

Holloway and now Fane.

Shrewsbury clearly have very knowledgeable scouts...

As opposed to us who've let a Moroccan numpty oversee our transfer business, unabley assisted by non other than the renowned domestic scout going by the name of Detective Shitpeas.

Fear not though, there's another load of shite inbound, due any day in January. 

Edited by yarddog73

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

As opposed to us who've let a Moroccan numpty oversee our transfer business, unabley assisted by non other than the renowned domestic scout going by the name of Detective Shitpeas.

Fear not though, there's another load of shite inbound, due any day in January. 

Oh, absolutely.  Our recruitment strategy is beyond reproach.

I’ve given up moaning (for the purpose of this post..) about how shit our club is run and am now taking the piss out of other clubs instead..

38 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

That is some effort by Fane’ agent, presumably a bit of clever video editing and he looks like Vincent Kompany

Good luck to him though, he always put in a shift, just couldn’t  control or pass s football 

Fane has what can't be taught and when he played alongside Byrne, so all he had to do was win the ball and play a short pass to Byrne, that combination worked well. Until teams cottoned on and stopped that short pass. 

In teams that have a very talented playmaker in midfield or play very direct then Fane will be a useful asset. I would imagine that would apply to Shrewsbury. 

i remember seeing Fane away at Wigan , had an absolute shocker , had the ball, dribbled with the ball , tried to pass it to an Oldham player failed that simple task , passed it to a wigan player who went up our end and scored..no big loss with him moving on as i would rather have McCann in our midfield

• Like 1

Used correctly, Fane is a very useful asset in leagues 1 and 2. Excellent at breaking up play and a great engine on him. I know he divides people on opinion, possibly more than anyone else but I remember saying to Mr Corney that he would play in the Championship one day. When he first came he was a revelation and made some great gut busting runs forward. Retreating defenders could not cope with his power striding forward. I`m conviced that was (very quickly) "coached out" of him. Time will tell but I will watch with interest.

I`ll go and put my tin hat on now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Used correctly, Fane is a very useful asset in leagues 1 and 2. Excellent at breaking up play and a great engine on him. I know he divides people on opinion, possibly more than anyone else but I remember saying to Mr Corney that he would play in the Championship one day. When he first came he was a revelation and made some great gut busting runs forward. Retreating defenders could not cope with his power striding forward. I`m conviced that was (very quickly) "coached out" of him. Time will tell but I will watch with interest.

Correct, he use to drive forward until he inevitably lost the ball due to his inability, leaving a gaping gap in our midfield. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Are we talking about the same Fane that played for us?

Because if we are you would have noticed he kept doing those "gut busting runs" and secondly he never registered a goal or assist in over 80 games for the club because he didn't have either a pass or a shot at the end of those runs, which in reality were runs into cul-de-sacs. His physical attributes allow him to play League football, his technical attributes are pretty much National League level.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Are we talking about the same Fane that played for us?

Because if we are you would have noticed he kept doing those "gut busting runs" and secondly he never registered a goal or assist in over 80 games for the club because he didn't have either a pass or a shot at the end of those runs, which in reality were runs into cul-de-sacs. His physical attributes allow him to play League football, his technical attributes are pretty much National League level.

Maybe so but he's got a deal at a club higher than our level