Ex players and that

I was considering a new thread for this but this is fine. After a long night shift, I think about the team we could have had we not sold anywone...so current players. This is the best i can come up with, feel free to play sporting director and make changes;

Grant

Eardley tarkowski George Sheehan 

Lee    Stephens Palmer   Harkins

Smith Grabban

* note: a lot of these were awful for latics and I don’t rate the majority, I’ve just gone off the level of football they’re playing. 

Have i I missed anyone?

Edit: Korey smith! Overatted

Edit Edit: Bertrand. Good, very good.

Edited by Clubfootkilkenny

51 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I was considering a new thread for this but this is fine. After a long night shift, I think about the team we could have had we not sold anywone...so current players. This is the best i can come up with, feel free to play sporting director and make changes;

Grant

Eardley tarkowski George Sheehan 

Lee    Stephens Palmer   Harkins

Smith Grabban

* note: a lot of these were awful for latics and I don’t rate the majority, I’ve just gone off the level of football they’re playing. 

Have i I missed anyone?

Edit: Korey smith! Overatted

Edit Edit: Bertrand. Good, very good.

No they weren't they were all very good players for us thats why they all went onto better things. 

Alright none of them won anything with us as we haven't managed to put together a promotion winning team but that doesn't make them bad players or others who have played for us.

Korey Smith wasn't overrated either he was a good player and still is making a living 2 divisions above where we are now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I thought grabban was awful. Still do. 

George overrated too, he’ll end up in league one, most likely at posh. 

not a massive fan of lee either but some Wednesday fans class him as there best signing in recent years. It’s all about opinions, hence the post.

I guess you don't really know much about football then do you.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I guess you don't really know much about football then do you.

Why because I don’t rate Lewis fucking grabban?

yes my opinion of Kieron lee is tartnished by seeing him out in Stalybridge every other week but fair play to the lad, he’s a decent person and worked hard to get where’s hes got to.  I don’t think many of the above are spectacular, mind, with the exception of tarky and Stephens. I like eardley a lot too, he’s just made some poor moves and been hampered by injury.

1 minute ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Why because I don’t rate Lewis fucking grabban?

yes my opinion of Kieron lee is tartnished by seeing him out in Stalybridge every other week but fair play to the lad, he’s a decent person and worked hard to get where’s hes got to.  I don’t think many of the above are spectacular, mind, with the exception of tarky and Stephens. I like eardley a lot too, he’s just made some poor moves and been hampered by injury.

Lewis Grabben who has made a successful career as a championship striker Yes yes I am. Kieran Lee was a good player for us. To suggest that 11 were awful for us is simply incorrect.

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I said that a lot of them were awful, not all 11.

obviously he’s playing a decent level, he’s done well but I don’t rate the guy.

theres an argument for surridge too as he’s playing at the same level. He wasn’t my cup of tea either though 😂

and your profile picture is of that charlatan aswell put the shovel down lad :)

He brought him up. I think everyone secretly loves him 😂

its weird how how football fans seem to criticise their most talented player. Pogba at United, ozil at Arsenal, MM at latics. 

And no, I’m not putting him in their bracket. Just observing. 

Lets not not turn this into another Maouche thread. I can change the pic if it causes offence.

4 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

He brought him up. I think everyone secretly loves him 😂

its weird how how football fans seem to criticise their most talented player. Pogba at United, ozil at Arsenal, MM at latics. 

And no, I’m not putting him in their bracket. Just observing

Lets not not turn this into another Maouche thread. I can change the pic if it causes offence.

You’re not doing it right tho. Or as stated above you know fuckall about football. More likely you’re on a wind up. I appreciate you not starting a new thread mind. Ffs. 

2 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Have a look who brought Maouche up first. 

If I was on a windup, I’d think of something better than that. Relax and stop letting one player wind you up.

First of all I’d hardly say I’m wound up. And I’m calling bollox on pretty much every word you’ve put down on the entire page. Not just MM. To put it in perspective, from what I’ve seen of him (little) I’d put him in the “ok” basket. Certainly not an avatar candidate. Merry Xmas. 

The pic is a bit tongue in cheak. I’ll admit that. I do like him though and deployed correctly,  I think he’d be far too good for this league.  Can’t see him staying past January if he doesn’t get back in mind. 

Merry Christmas. When you say you haven’t seen much of him, are you staying away full stop or just doing aways?

I've seen enough of Maouche to know that he will hit a couple of superb passes per game, but gives the ball away with poor passing far too many times. He gets caught in possession and drifts out of the game too much as well.

He'd be a decent League 2 player, certainly no higher, if he was consistent, but he'd never be in my starting line up. Opinions, eh?

Edited by Bristolatic

Guest Stanley30
2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

You’re not doing it right tho. Or as stated above you know fuckall about football. More likely you’re on a wind up. I appreciate you not starting a new thread mind. Ffs. 

The moral compass strikes!