Ex players and that

8 hours ago, underdog said:

love him or hate him....Mr Gerrard on his career. His experiences with us are about 1hour, 44 mins 30 in approx and 30 mins of  chat....

Touches on Corney and Al, some funny stories too....Lots of swearing I am afraid NOT for the little ones

Fair play amongst the crap that he talks about he enjoyed his time with us by the sounds of it! 

He was so close to giving some nuggets on Barry Owen but got distracted and never came back to him. 

Absolute class prank on Ollie Banks. 

Interesting to hear his sacking was overturned and was paid off before leaving. 

52 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Fair play amongst the crap that he talks about he enjoyed his time with us by the sounds of it! 

He was so close to giving some nuggets on Barry Owen but got distracted and never came back to him. 

Absolute class prank on Ollie Banks. 

Interesting to hear his sacking was overturned and was paid off before leaving. 

I like the "slap" story with regards to the Chesterfield dust off...hahah

• Like 1

12 hours ago, underdog said:

love him or hate him....Mr Gerrard on his career. His experiences with us are about 1hour, 44 mins 30 in approx and 30 mins of  chat....

Touches on Corney and Al, some funny stories too....Lots of swearing I am afraid NOT for the little ones

What the hell has happened to his hair and eyebrows. I know the barbers were shut for a while and it may have been a DIY job, but bloody hell.

On a serious note, what a brilliant half hour that was. I'm sure he could have lifted the lid on more stuff if it had gone on much longer.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

What the hell has happened to his hair and eyebrows. I know the barbers were shut for a while and it may have been a DIY job, but bloody hell.

On a serious note, what a brilliant half hour that was. I'm sure he could have lifted the lid on more stuff if it had gone on much longer.

I suspect he has alopecia! 

If someone more switched on to the oldham situation would have asked questions more would have come out for sure. Would have loved to hear him talk about Baz. 

11 hours ago, super_blue said:

Would have loved to hear him talk about Baz.

Again?. Don't take this personal super_blue, it could have been just about any other poster on here. I have Barry's mobile number ( well I did, I've not used it in a long while) why don't I see if I can arrange a meeting and then you can come back and tell us all about it, what was said etc. Better from the horses mouth.

Edited by Lags

7 minutes ago, Lags said:

Again?. Don't take this personal super_blue, it could have been just about any other poster on here. I have Barry's mobile number ( well I did, I've not used it in a long while) why don't I see if I can arrange a meeting and then you can come back and tell us all about it, what was said etc. Better from the horses mouth.

Sorry I’m confused with your reply! Again? Why would I want to speak to Barry Owen? I was talking about wanting to hear what an ex players opinions are of him as he’d worked along side him. 

1 minute ago, super_blue said:

Sorry I’m confused with your reply! Again? Why would I want to speak to Barry Owen? I was talking about wanting to hear what an ex players opinions are of him as he’d worked along side him. 

Sorry I confused you. Just saying, to everyone really. Why not speak with the man, come back, give us the tale. It would be a well read piece, or it would appear it would be.

23 minutes ago, Lags said:

Sorry I confused you. Just saying, to everyone really. Why not speak with the man, come back, give us the tale. It would be a well read piece, or it would appear it would be.

Agree this would be a great idea. I wanted to hear what an ex employee had to say though as that would be another angle on things rather than me sitting face to face with Barry for a chat. 

7 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Agree this would be a great idea. I wanted to hear what an ex employee had to say though as that would be another angle on things rather than me sitting face to face with Barry for a chat. 

I am fairly sure had Gerrard more interesting stuff on Barry than the stuff that come to mind first, he'd have spent 30 minutes on it. I doubt that will get many to agree on here.

Edited by Lags

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Cant even get in a National League Side!

Wasn’t he a Barry Owen signing?

Wasn't he top scorer in a bloody awful Macclesfield side? Maybe that was about his level, although being binned off by a National League side could be his benchmark.

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Cant even get in a National League Side!

Wasn’t he a Barry Owen signing?

IMO he was stitched up by Banide, Dino & whoever is picked the team last season. We signed him on the back of two good seasons alongside a big carthorse at Macclesfield. We either played him out wide, up top on his own or, even worse, with Desire Segbe Azankpo...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

IMO he was stitched up by Banide, Dino & whoever is picked the team last season. We signed him on the back of two good seasons alongside a big carthorse at Macclesfield. We either played him out wide, up top on his own or, even worse, with Desire Segbe Azankpo...

That's what happens when the manager doesn't sign the players. They have to try and fit them in the best they can.

• Like 1