Ex players and that

2 hours ago, OAFCMIKE said:

Not an ex-player but didn’t want to start a new thread and this is closest I could see. Does anyone have contact details for Pete Mason, ex-Beyond the Boundary editor? If so, could you message me? Cheers, Mike. 

Theres a Pete Mason on Twitter who seems to support Latics.

Pete and his collaborators in the late 1980s produced one of the great periods of Latics supporter involvement in the form of the Beyond the Boundary fanzine. It was intelligent, edgy and witty. It also rejected both the articles I submitted to it, showing sound editorial judgement. 

The front cover of the team preparing to fly to Southampton for the league cup quarter final was genius as was the town hall steps one when we won promotion. 

Good man.

• Like 4

On 9/4/2020 at 5:47 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

I was wondering this - the administrators said if it hadn’t been completed by 31st August they couldn’t start the season 

Apparently they do not have permission to start the season currently. This is despite the fact they have played in the cup already. 

EFL meeting this week to decide if they can or if they are kicked out. Needs someone with about £7m to come forward sharpish.  

Wigan website:

8 hours ago

STATEMENT FROM THE JOINT ADMINISTRATORS (09.09.20)

By @Begbies

The Joint Administrators recently met with representatives of the EFL for permission from them to start the season on 13 September 2020. We are informed that the board of the EFL are meeting later this week and one of the items is to consider this request. We have kept the EFL informed of the progress of selling the club and we are quietly optimistic that this permission will be given. An update will be given once the board of the EFL have written to us.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Apparently they do not have permission to start the season currently. This is despite the fact they have played in the cup already. 

EFL meeting this week to decide if they can or if they are kicked out. Needs someone with about £7m to come forward sharpish.  

Wigan website:

8 hours ago

STATEMENT FROM THE JOINT ADMINISTRATORS (09.09.20)

By @Begbies

The Joint Administrators recently met with representatives of the EFL for permission from them to start the season on 13 September 2020. We are informed that the board of the EFL are meeting later this week and one of the items is to consider this request. We have kept the EFL informed of the progress of selling the club and we are quietly optimistic that this permission will be given. An update will be given once the board of the EFL have written to us.

Cheers - did Bury start any games? I can’t remember 

7 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Shez talking to Plastics about being their next manager according to Nixon.

Imitation is the best form of flattery.  They really do want to be us, bless 'em.

I wonder if they'd take our Chairman?

• Like 1