Ex players and that

10 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I see Wigan are preparing for their league 1 relegation battle...

...haven’t they got him in a bit early though? 

They are in a relegation battle now. Of their last squad they've 1 starter and 6 (out of 9) subs still at the club. 

Fully expect quite a few familiar names to proper Latics fans to be at Wigan by the end of the transfer window (and beyond) if the club gets that far. 

They were decent value to be relegated a few weeks ago, think I got 9/1. 

FWIW Rochdale are odds on favourites. 

18 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

They are in a relegation battle now. Of their last squad they've 1 starter and 6 (out of 9) subs still at the club. 

Fully expect quite a few familiar names to proper Latics fans to be at Wigan by the end of the transfer window (and beyond) if the club gets that far. 

They were decent value to be relegated a few weeks ago, think I got 9/1. 

FWIW Rochdale are odds on favourites. 

thats a nice double for a little bet. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I see Lewis McKinney, who I thought was a good Latics youth prospect, but released, is at at Salford City.

It will be interesting to see what becomes of him.

He's been there a few weeks now so they must be reasonably interested in him. I'll get an update from a family friend tomorrow. Apparently he received excellent coaching as an under 11.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

We sold him to Charlton, who then sold him to Brighton who in turn have sold him to Burnley. Surely our sell on clause ends at the point of his sale to Brighton???

Charlton future sell on clause to us according to some.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

We sold him to Charlton, who then sold him to Brighton who in turn have sold him to Burnley. Surely our sell on clause ends at the point of his sale to Brighton???

That's my understanding OAFC however I would love to be wrong and we get a % sell on  

Edited by unsworth blue
incorrect word

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Charlton future sell on clause to us according to some.

32 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

That's my understanding OAFC however I would love to be wrong and we get a % sell on  

Highly unlikely as sell-ons are usually based on the profit made on the next transfer.  The fee paid by Burnley (£1m up front and up to max £2.5m with incentives) is likely to be less than what Brighton paid Charlton (around £2m).  Maybe we could get a percentage of the percentage Charlton receive (if they inserted a sell-on clause) but it’s unlikely that there’s any profit in the latest deal.

If we did benefit, then presumably a percentage of our cut would then go to the Administrators of Bury.