Ex players and that

Hurts me to say this but something as drastic as Macc's demise might be the only way to get rid of the F**kwit who owns our club. I am only feeling an affinity for the Oldham Athletic name and badge [the real one] anything else is not "Oldham Athletic".

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Well spotted. I'd forgotten he played for us. Sad for him that injury seems to have ended his career.

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Fascinating that India is yet to make it as a football nation given the size of its population, I suppose the game has traditionally come a long way behind cricket and hockey.

16 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Fascinating that India is yet to make it as a football nation given the size of its population, I suppose the game has traditionally come a long way behind cricket and hockey.

I was able to attend an Indian Premier League game a few years ago.  All the cheap seats had been sold and we had to pay £ 1.50 for one of the seats with a better view.

The whole thing was madness. Most of the crowd had no idea of the rules of the game, and they only knew a goal had been scored when the fireworks went off! The entertainment was great (not so god on the pitch!) with singers, bands and the whole crowd joining in as if it were a pop concert! No crowd control and no provision for away fans.

I even bought a replica shirt for under £1.  Happy days 😎😎

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

bc they're shit. They don't take Football seriously in the slightest other than being massive 'Man U' fans. Maybe Arsenal a bit.

They go and watch bc everybody else does, but half of them don't even have a clue what's going on they just want to meet up w their friends, dance and make silly screaming noises.