Ex players and that

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

I used to think There's only one thing worse than spouting an opinion based on ignorance and that's posting an opinion based on twitter. Thanks to you I now know there is a further level called 'spouting an ignorant opinion based on twitter and only receiving back up from BCD and Latics22'

Enjoy your party 🤢🤢🤢

You what?

14 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

Does this pretty much confirm Scholes doesn't really want to be a manager? 

Yeh. He ain’t bothered.

He commented when on BT shortly after leaving his role on us that he got bored with the office/scouting side of the job but enjoyed the coaching. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Richie claiming to Swindon press the club didn’t match his ambition. . .  Now where have I heard that before. 🧐

#neverrichiesfault

He can't make that excuse next time. He's probably right about Swindon and would have wanted them to break the bank to sign Doyle.

48 minutes ago, al_bro said:

He can't make that excuse next time. He's probably right about Swindon and would have wanted them to break the bank to sign Doyle.

Aye- in the exactly the same way he had a go at AL in the January for not signing Matt Mills- after letting Peter Clarke go and getting 6 of his own  signings. He got the best backing of any manager in AL tenure- and still couldn’t buy a win in the last eight. Non of it was his fault though. 🙄

He went to Swindon and did well, to leave saying shit like that- just lacks class and shifts blame IMO. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Aye- in the exactly the same way he had a go at AL in the January for not signing Matt Mills- after letting Peter Clarke go and getting 6 of his own  signings. He got the best backing of any manager in AL tenure- and still couldn’t buy a win in the last eight. Non of it was his fault though. 🙄

He went to Swindon and did well, to leave saying shit like that- just lacks class and shifts blame IMO. 

Just a correction on that, he didn't want to let Clarke go, we had to move players out to get out of embargo.

And Swindon lost a lot of the players who helped get them promoted so his point isn't without merit.

He certainly won't be able to point to a lack of ambition at Salford though.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

Neither could Shez in his first six.  Does he also get the blame?

32 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Shez signed all the players that turned it round. Wellens took the credit and then brought his shit in and we then couldn't win in 8!

Bit like how Ronnie Moore signed all the players that Shez took to the play offs - except Maheta Malongo - he was Shez’s signing.

Shez was a great player and performed two survival miracles but he really isn’t the messiah he’s made out to be - especially now he’s a gruff rude and arrogant dinosaur 

39 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Shez signed all the players that turned it round. Wellens took the credit and then brought his shit in and we then couldn't win in 8!

Wellens took over after Shez was sacked after getting 4 points from the first 9 games (as Eyresy has already mentioned) .

6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Just a correction on that, he didn't want to let Clarke go, we had to move players out to get out of embargo.

And Swindon lost a lot of the players who helped get them promoted so his point isn't without merit.

He certainly won't be able to point to a lack of ambition at Salford though.

Just a correction- under the embargo he could have moved Gerrard on- he chose Clarke. . . He was probably forced at gun point by AL to make that call. 🙄

As for Swindon- I take your point that  any manager wants to keep the squad together. But football dictates you can’t keep spending, (particularly with covid) so work with you’ve got??? 

No, they’re got good enough for me. So I’m off. 

As for Salford- I think he’ll take them up. But I bet you a quid his ‘ambitions’ and the class of 92 ‘ambitions’ will be his undoing. 

Again.