Ex players and that

22 hours ago, al_bro said:

I can't understand why Swindon would want him with his recent record.

Quite simple. Swindon are broke and now desperate too.  

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18859273.owner-chairman-lee-power-says-swindon-towns-finances-terrible/

Wigan fans are devastated he’s gone...  not!

Edited by kowenicki

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Quite simple. Swindon are broke and now desperate too.  

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/18859273.owner-chairman-lee-power-says-swindon-towns-finances-terrible/

Wigan fans are devastated he’s gone...  not!

I can’t believe we haven’t had similar statements to be honest.  Or the usual reports of late wages.

Bizarrely it’s quieter in crisis than in the normal times. 

3 hours ago, League one forever said:

I can’t believe we haven’t had similar statements to be honest.  Or the usual reports of late wages.

Bizarrely it’s quieter in crisis than in the normal times. 

maybe because we have been so skint for so long and cut the club back so far to  the bone pre covid its now barely affecting us and we are just able to tick along on hand outs from FL and money from cups that its not noticeable.  unlike more " successful  " clubs who were working to much bigger budgets and now are struggling 

1 hour ago, peanuts2 said:

maybe because we have been so skint for so long and cut the club back so far to  the bone pre covid its now barely affecting us and we are just able to tick along on hand outs from FL and money from cups that its not noticeable.  unlike more " successful  " clubs who were working to much bigger budgets and now are struggling 

I think there’s definitely an element of that, but even so- he still has to find circa 40 wages of players and club staff every month. Even with EFL help and the bits of cup money we’ve had, he still must be running a massive loss. . and yet we signed another player this week. . 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 11/13/2020 at 10:04 PM, League one forever said:

I think there’s definitely an element of that, but even so- he still has to find circa 40 wages of players and club staff every month. Even with EFL help and the bits of cup money we’ve had, he still must be running a massive loss. . and yet we signed another player this week. . 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kieran Maguire I'm sure said on the podcast ,that all L1 and L2 clubs have received payments from the EFL and the PL up front this season because of the financial problems. They have received £350,000 from the EFL and £650,000 from the PL. That should cover most of the clubs wage bills for players. Of course there are are other bills to pay, and wages of staff. The extra £100,000 we have received in prize money and TV money, plus another win n the FA Cup should more or less cover the season Especially if they draw a PL club at home in the 3rd. round, which could well be covered on TV.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Kieran Maguire I'm sure said on the podcast ,that all L1 and L2 clubs have received payments from the EFL and the PL up front this season because of the financial problems. They have received £350,000 from the EFL and £650,000 from the PL. That should cover most of the clubs wage bills for players. Of course there are are other bills to pay, and wages of staff. The extra £100,000 we have received in prize money and TV money, plus another win n the FA Cup should more or less cover the season Especially if they draw a PL club at home in the 3rd. round, which could well be covered on TV.

Fair enough. Seeing as though our wage bill is reportedly less a million that sounds about right.