Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

 


it was this (quoted) basis - can’t say I’ve read all yours and mikes conversation so just pointing out you actually did include an ex player recently

 

 

Yes MM randomly brought up disinterested vis a vis uninterested with reference to my previous description of a former Numbef 9

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ironic choice of club as he spent lots of time clutching at it whilst he was with us.

Fantastic news for one of our old boys   David Beharall • 2nd Managing Director at Digital Agency - CandidSky | Ex-footballer at Newcas

Currently a very angry message board somewhere in France bemoaning the signing of shite #EnglishLads.

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Sheep Foot said:

Yes MM randomly brought up disinterested vis a vis uninterested with reference to my previous description of a former Numbef 9

 

170 posts - 361 down votes. Respect ✊ 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2021 at 12:44 PM, singe said:

How do you even downvote..?


I thought it had removed - maybe a mod thought it should be reinstated just this once then dished out 361

Edited by Chaddyexile84
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Six ex-players scored last night:  Clarke-Harris, Doyle, Duffus, Lang, Lund & Surridge.

 

If you could have one of them back at Latics who would you choose and why? 🤔

All of 'em because they're better than what we've got. Well, mostly. Certainly Clarke-Harris, Doyle, Lang and Surridge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Six ex-players scored last night:  Clarke-Harris, Doyle, Duffus, Lang, Lund & Surridge.

 

If you could have one of them back at Latics who would you choose and why? 🤔

One only, I would go for Surridge, the lad has talent in spades if Bournemouth don't get back in the Premier league I think he will be playing there anyway with a different team. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Six ex-players scored last night:  Clarke-Harris, Doyle, Duffus, Lang, Lund & Surridge.

 

If you could have one of them back at Latics who would you choose and why? 🤔

Surridge bc he's the best on the list

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Right this minute,

JCH for me

No longer the young, rough diamond,

The form he's been on for the last couple of season's, he'd fire us out of this cesspit at the first time of asking.

For the long haul I'd have to say young Sam.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

The form he's been on for the last couple of season's, he'd fire us out of this cesspit at the first time of asking.


Would agree 100% at this except he’s the perfect candidate to be in the youths for pissing in Mo’s cap within 2 months of signing 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:


Would agree 100% at this except he’s the perfect candidate to be in the youths for pissing in Mo’s cap within 2 months of signing 

Hadn't taken that into consideration when the question was asked but there's my answer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't that the rub. The list of ex-players is pretty long. Gets longer by a whole squad every season.

Some clearly have gone up and away and could never come back. But there are plenty who would/ could have been available.

Surridge has made it- just need to enjoy the memories.

Doyle in my mind goes down as one who could have been acquired.

Matty Palmer, Iverson , Curtis Main anyone?

Could have had a solid core from players who were here and could have been available.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Longlostfan said:

Isn't that the rub. The list of ex-players is pretty long. Gets longer by a whole squad every season.

Some clearly have gone up and away and could never come back. But there are plenty who would/ could have been available.

Surridge has made it- just need to enjoy the memories.

Doyle in my mind goes down as one who could have been acquired.

Matty Palmer, Iverson , Curtis Main anyone?

Could have had a solid core from players who were here and could have been available.

 

 

How we could do with a few of em now

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Longlostfan said:

Isn't that the rub. The list of ex-players is pretty long. Gets longer by a whole squad every season.

Some clearly have gone up and away and could never come back. But there are plenty who would/ could have been available.

Surridge has made it- just need to enjoy the memories.

Doyle in my mind goes down as one who could have been acquired.

Matty Palmer, Iverson , Curtis Main anyone?

Could have had a solid core from players who were here and could have been available.

 

 

Iverson signed a 4 year contract with Leicester whilst he was with us. As a loanee he was only going upwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Iverson signed a 4 year contract with Leicester whilst he was with us. As a loanee he was only going upwards.

 

Isnt he playing for Preston aswell this year? Some fans are still delusional about the pull this club holds. Matty Lund and Doyle would be classed as major signings for us these days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Doyles wages are massive. He mite have stayed, but he thinks AL is a weapon and he's also good terms w Wellens who was cunts tricked by AL. He's very good friends w Gerrard, he doesnt like us. Even if we paid the full whack he wasnt sure about joining, then there was Wellensgate, Gerrardgate, Byrnegate and probably more. He likes the us (the fans).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Monty- I'm not saying anyone them would have come under this management structure, more making the point there were options (for a well sorted organisation) to have built better with what has already passed through.

I fully accept many were just passing through on the way to better things- but not all of those who were most effective have caught were they went to.

Imagine if over the last 3 years we had kept a couple of the better players from each year who were available what a core of a team we would have had. If that had been what was meant by 'slowly slowly' I think some would be happy with the progress.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...