Ex players and that

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

The only reason they didn't go the way of Bury and Macclesfield is their connections to the FA

Most other clubs who try their recipe for success will end up defunct

You have to invest some money to get success, and we have historically spent too little, but there are limits.  Bolton spend other people's money way beyond their size or stature.  

Do you really think Bury fans think that last promotion out of League Two was worth extinction?  That's not ambition, it's suicidal

Comparing minnows with a pike

Shame Salford don't spend all their money the same way, truth is they still won't ever be a 'Bolton'

They'll always be a Fylde.

3 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

The only reason they didn't go the way of Bury and Macclesfield is their connections to the FA

Most other clubs who try their recipe for success will end up defunct

You have to invest some money to get success, and we have historically spent too little, but there are limits.  Bolton spend other people's money way beyond their size or stature.  

Do you really think Bury fans think that last promotion out of League Two was worth extinction?  That's not ambition, it's suicidal

That simply incorrect Bolton didn't go the way of Bury and Macclesfield because they were set a deadline for the takeover and it was met before the final deadline. Bury and Macc were set final deadlines for a takeover and it wasn't agreed.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

That simply incorrect Bolton didn't go the way of Bury and Macclesfield because they were set a deadline for the takeover and it was met before the final deadline. Bury and Macc were set final deadlines for a takeover and it wasn't agreed.

Weren't Bolton at the exact same death knoll as Bury but given extra time whereas Bury were not? 

• Like 2

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Both clubs deadlines were extended on more than one occasion.

so to say Bolton survived because they met a deadline is not the case 

Both clubs missed deadlines Bolton were given more chances than Bury

or Macclesfield 

if either the latter had been in the Premier League this century they wouldn’t have gone either 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

so to say Bolton survived because they met a deadline is not the case 

Both clubs missed deadlines Bolton were given more chances than Bury

or Macclesfield 

if either the latter had been in the Premier League this century they wouldn’t have gone either 

Wrong!

Both were given more than one deadline Bolton met their final deadline

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/28/bolton-wanderers-football-ventures-takeover

Bury were given an extension to their final deadline to get a takeover through and it collapsed. Hence they got expelled from the EFL

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49451896

Their was no favouritism from the EFL on this.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Wrong!

Both were given more than one deadline Bolton met their final deadline

https://amp.theguardian.com/football/2019/aug/28/bolton-wanderers-football-ventures-takeover

Bury were given an extension to their final deadline to get a takeover through and it collapsed. Hence they got expelled from the EFL

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49451896

Their was no favouritism from the EFL on this.

“Final” deadline is an oxymoron - I miss the first at work and I’m in the shit 

On 3/12/2021 at 5:55 PM, Monty Burns said:

l call ignorant, half baked, attention seeking bullshit.

Hamer, Tarky, Emmerson, Edmndson all far better than average and didn't take 40 years to come through.

lf l could be arsed l'd remember loads more, but you don't actually mean it and proving you wrong has become repetetively tedious. 

Tom Eaves successfully got us relegated

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Welles sacking has been coming for a few weeks. 

Neville proves himself to be a tool again...

After all his community this, sustainability that, he really is just proving himself to be just another short term owner looking to buy his way up the leagues for his own ego.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

After all his community this, sustainability that, he really is just proving himself to be just another short term owner looking to buy his way up the leagues for his own ego.

I think they may be realising that Salford wasn’t a good buy.  The infrastructure is terrible, the fan base is tiny. They can’t do anything about the ground unless they move. Salford fans are complaining there has been no expenditure off the field. Honeymoon is over. 

• Like 1

A few of the points in this post on the Salford forum have a familiar ring to then...Richie basically got another AL snd Mo didn’t he...shame.  No doubt that GN is far too involved in team matters.

GN said in an early documentary that 'we are not going to be the type of club who keeps sacking their manager'

Earlier in the season when put on the spot in a live interview he said 'We sack our managers when they are at the top'. A truly idiotic comment that you assume he regretted afterwards.

We had B&J leave 'by mutual consent'. Now Wellens leaves 'by mutual consent'. That seems to be Neville-speak for 'sacked' at Salford. B&J as we know, were engineered out of the door, and I wonder if during this so-called showdown today, RW told him the players weren't good enough.....something RW's wife has apparently been claiming on Facebook since Saturday. GN wouldn't have liked that, because GN picked and signed them all.

I'm not changing my mind on Wellens. He doesn't seem to be able to get the players to do what he wants. Our best game of the season (Wembley...ok, a good wide pitch) the team was forced on him, and for the next game, he changes it all back again. Unfortunately, it's the manager who pays the price and the end product just hasn't been good enough. Cheltenham barely broke sweat on Saturday.

But we are now officially everything opposition fans have accused us of.....a rich-boy's plaything. A vanity project. We are a vanity project because of the insistence that we will go up every season. We are a vanity project because our managers now tend to leave by mutual consent, presumably to save GNs blushes. But the main reason we are a vanity project is because our owner is far too close to team matters. GN wants the fun of being a manager without the responsibility. How vain is it by GN and Karen Baird to proudly boast 'We have given the manager the players who will get us promoted. It's all on him now.' Who thought that kind of pressure would be a good motivator? GN deserves the ribbing from Carragher and some.

The key question now is who will take over? It won't be fair to bring a new manager in now and judge him on a few games. I assume it will be an interim, Warren Joyce I suspect, to shepherd us through to the end of the season. If he does well, they may promote him. If not, they will get someone else. But it seems to me that our owners are as poor at picking managers as they are at picking players. One thing is for sure, if the players suddenly start playing wembley-like every game, I won't be pleased. I don't like the idea that players refuse to play for a manager, though so many of them have ben played out of position, it's understandable.

53 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Hang on. 

They have had multiple promotions under GN. His appointments have largely done very well for him. Expect Wellens.  If your manager has a remit to be in the top 7 at least with the largest budget in the league and he can’t do it, then it’s understandable his job might be on the line. 

Chelsea are trigger happy and have had great success. 

Watford are trigger happy and have had a lot of relative success. 

Stability isn’t the only recipe for success. 

40 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

A few of the points in this post on the Salford forum have a familiar ring to then...Richie basically got another AL snd Mo didn’t he...shame.  No doubt that GN is far too involved in team matters. 

GN said in an early documentary that 'we are not going to be the type of club who keeps sacking their manager'

Earlier in the season when put on the spot in a live interview he said 'We sack our managers when they are at the top'. A truly idiotic comment that you assume he regretted afterwards.

We had B&J leave 'by mutual consent'. Now Wellens leaves 'by mutual consent'. That seems to be Neville-speak for 'sacked' at Salford. B&J as we know, were engineered out of the door, and I wonder if during this so-called showdown today, RW told him the players weren't good enough.....something RW's wife has apparently been claiming on Facebook since Saturday. GN wouldn't have liked that, because GN picked and signed them all. 

I'm not changing my mind on Wellens. He doesn't seem to be able to get the players to do what he wants. Our best game of the season (Wembley...ok, a good wide pitch) the team was forced on him, and for the next game, he changes it all back again. Unfortunately, it's the manager who pays the price and the end product just hasn't been good enough. Cheltenham barely broke sweat on Saturday. 

But we are now officially everything opposition fans have accused us of.....a rich-boy's plaything. A vanity project. We are a vanity project because of the insistence that we will go up every season. We are a vanity project because our managers now tend to leave by mutual consent, presumably to save GNs blushes. But the main reason we are a vanity project is because our owner is far too close to team matters. GN wants the fun of being a manager without the responsibility. How vain is it by GN and Karen Baird to proudly boast 'We have given the manager the players who will get us promoted. It's all on him now.' Who thought that kind of pressure would be a good motivator? GN deserves the ribbing from Carragher and some. 

The key question now is who will take over? It won't be fair to bring a new manager in now and judge him on a few games. I assume it will be an interim, Warren Joyce I suspect, to shepherd us through to the end of the season. If he does well, they may promote him. If not, they will get someone else. But it seems to me that our owners are as poor at picking managers as they are at picking players. One thing is for sure, if the players suddenly start playing wembley-like every game, I won't be pleased. I don't like the idea that players refuse to play for a manager, though so many of them have ben played out of position, it's understandable. 

Swindon proved he can do a job, but if he doesn’t get what he wants he sulks. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Hang on. 

They have had multiple promotions under GN. His appointments have largely done very well for him. Expect Wellens.  If your manager has a remit to be in the top 7 at least with the largest budget in the league and he can’t do it, then it’s understandable his job might be on the line. 

Chelsea are trigger happy and have had great success. 

Watford are trigger happy and have had a lot of relative success. 

Stability isn’t the only recipe for success. 

There are many recipes for success, I'm not commenting on why Salford aren't at the top, merely pointing out that for all Neville has said in the past about their pure intentions for Salford and the community, they've now lapsed into the short termism of "well I've spent a fortune on this squad so win some games quick or your out".  The type of owner he's been very vocally critical of over the years.

• Like 1