Ex players and that

12 hours ago, Sloshed Joe said:

Hamer leaving looking like a poor decision. Should’ve been a home grown leader for this team - reckon Curle would’ve liked him.

Tom would probably be catching for us the way he's playing now but branding him a "leader" is a bit rich, even for this board !

21 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Tom would probably be catching for us the way he's playing now but branding him a "leader" is a bit rich, even for this board !

Sadly his form had not been good for some time when he moved on. The change has obviously done him good and he seems to be on much better form with his long throw a vital part of the Burton attacking options. As well as scoring yesterday he also hit the crossbar with a looping header.

I recall that he did captain Latics on a couple of occasions so maybe his leadership skills are there.

Pleased for the lad.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

To be fair he said should have been.  I'll stick by my view that his development stalled because of the way the club has been run with constant chopping and changing.  Can't prove it but that's my take on it

18 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Sadly his form had not been good for some time when he moved on. The change has obviously done him good and he seems to be on much better form with his long throw a vital part of the Burton attacking options. As well as scoring yesterday he also hit the crossbar with a looping header.

I recall that he did captain Latics on a couple of occasions so maybe his leadership skills are there.

Pleased for the lad.

As the perceived alternative was Maoche he didn't have much competition, but perhaps you're right.

In any case I'm glad it's working out for him at Burton. 

• Like 2

He also captained the team in November under Kewell when we beat Cheltenham at home, so definitely has enough about him to show some leadership. It’s always frustrating when a player underperforms here and then moves and shows a better side of their game. Doubly so when it’s ‘one of our own’. If he’d come through the Rochdale academy, how do you think they’d have handled his progression and subsequent sale?

43 minutes ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Felipe Morais will not play for Grimsby Town again after his involvement in being headbutted by one of his own team. He is contracted till the end of next season.

be interested to see the circumstances where it’s the victim of a headbutt at work in the wrong 😂

1 hour ago, OldhamAthlete said:

Felipe Morais will not play for Grimsby Town again after his involvement in being headbutted by one of his own team. He is contracted till the end of next season.

What's happening to the guy dishing out headbutts? 

Edit: I've just seen on the BBC website that neither will play for them again. 

Edited by Magic Mikey