Ex players and that

2 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yet this season we've been crying out for a Fane or Sylla type. Fane was brilliant and doing the one thing he was there for, winning the ball back and giving it to someone more creative. Have him back in a heartbeat 

Him and Byrne were perfect - gangly and unwieldy wins it - passes it 2 yards to the footballer 

17 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Yet this season we've been crying out for a Fane or Sylla type. Fane was brilliant and doing the one thing he was there for, winning the ball back and giving it to someone more creative. Have him back in a heartbeat 

I never understood this. Why on earth would you want Fane or Sylla anywhere near the team ? Effectively playing with 10 men. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I never understood this. Why on earth would you want Fane or Sylla anywhere near the team ? Effectively playing with 10 men. 

We are playing with about 3 men now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Both are better than at least 7 in this team 

Id agree if we’re we speaking of a midfield of Wellens, McDonald or even Whitaker late 2000’s

we aren’t  though 

Edited by Chaddyexile84

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Fane or Sylla would provide the "muscle" necessary to bolster our lightweight midfield, sitting in front of the back 3/4, winning he ball and giving it to someone who can pass.

They'd certainly be an upgrade of Ntambwe.   

I'd be an upgrade on him, and I'm 76 and only ever played in goal.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, singe said:

It would seem the number of players signed by our agent owner that have gone on to play a higher league can be counted on one hand!

Yep Maouche and Missilou (not listed by the original poster). Maybe Emmerson will, if you include youth.

Of those above, you would say Moimbe briefly playing MLS may have been a step up. I'd assume leage 2 in France might be of a higher standard, so Obadeyi might count too.

Obviously our marquee loan signing Mr Menig is back in the top Dutch league as well

7 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Yep Maouche and Missilou (not listed by the original poster). Maybe Emmerson will, if you include youth.

Of those above, you would say Moimbe briefly playing MLS may have been a step up. I'd assume leage 2 in France might be of a higher standard, so Obadeyi might count too.

Obviously our marquee loan signing Mr Menig is back in the top Dutch league as well

True, although Emmerson is a stretch. When did either of the Lemsagems ever go anywhere near youth team games? They couldn't because there was always a banished senior player or two there...!

9 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Not at doing what those two did which is winning the ball

McAlmont and Whelan are the players those two would be passing to 

Opinions but I’d much rather Whelan and McAlmont. Rather than Whelan/McAlmont + Sylla/fane 

30 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I'd be an upgrade on him, and I'm 76 and only ever played in goal.

I've not seen you play but I assume you're just saying that for effect.

Neither were particular favourites of mine but I'm sure they would improve our midfield as it stands (stood).  

46 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Missile was brilliant majority of games. Another I'd snap your hand off for

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Missile was brilliant majority of games. Another I'd snap your hand off for

Contract up with Swindon this summer. If they extend we might face him next season. 

Managed to play for 2 league one clubs this season and both relegated i think.

24 minutes ago, boyinthesnow said:

Contract up with Swindon this summer. If they extend we might face him next season. 

Managed to play for 2 league one clubs this season and both relegated i think.

He's at Northampton isn't he? 

4 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

agree we need the type but neither of them would get in this seasons team they were shocking. Fane literally couldn’t control or pass it. To say ntambwe is better at anything is hard but he can honestly play better than both of them 

8 hours ago, Careca9 said:

agree we need the type but neither of them would get in this seasons team they were shocking. Fane literally couldn’t control or pass it. To say ntambwe is better at anything is hard but he can honestly play better than both of them 

Ben Garrity has played 30 games for us this season.  Lack of control or passing ability hasn't stopped that.

Fane or Sylla would easily get in over him.

5 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Ben Garrity has played 30 games for us this season.  Lack of control or passing ability hasn't stopped that.

I cannot think of another player in recent Latics’ history who fails so often to bring the ball under control when played into him.

As Tommy Docherty is oft quoted: “ he can trap a ball further than I can pass it” (*)

* or similar