Ex players and that

8 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

Stretching this to managers.

Poor Lee Johnson. Sunderland lost today and he's looking more and more like the fifth telly tubby. Not so much Tinky Winky as Twatty Fatty.

One point that Barry didn't refute on the podcast was that Johnsin was sold to Barnsley but he still gets castigated 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

One point that Barry didn't refute on the podcast was that Johnsin was sold to Barnsley but he still gets castigated 

Crazy isn't it. Another year we would have gone up. Was that the 'we cant afford promotion' year?

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Crazy isn't it. Another year we would have gone up. Was that the 'we cant afford promotion' year?

I think it may have been the year after, have to agree, another year with Johnson in charge things could have been so different, that season actually felt like things were turning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I think it may have been the year after, have to agree, another year with Johnson in charge things could have been so different, that season actually felt like things were turning. 

Didn’t we lose 7 of his last  12 games including  a 7-0 defeat at MK Dons and a 4-0 home defeat to bottom of table Yeovil on our way to a 17th in the league finish matching the outcome of his full season in charge or is my mind playing tricks.  He was a master of spin though for sure 

On 5/21/2021 at 9:38 AM, Chris15Arm said:

I dont blame anyone but the players. We had a good enough squad individually to be top half that season. But they couldn't be arsed. No way we should have lost as many points as we did, whoever was in charge 

Pointless having a good squad if the manager is told who he can and can’t play..

Players couldn’t be arsed or just had damaged motivation? If the manager, who knows about football, was being undermined by the owner who doesn’t, it’s hardly going to help with moral. Neither is some players getting paid much more money than others, but contributing much less. Or the owner bollocking players in front of the squad.

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

I'm sure that's the point Bob  was trying to make. 

Whichever way, I would pay good money to watch Winifred Winchester playing against the likes of Mackay or even Redfearn or Duxbury, he would have gone off crying after ten minutes with a twisted sock, poor little thing couldn't tackle a bag of chips.

1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

They want him for first team, but want him to build gradually. So league 1 next season. Championship after etc

personally don't see him getting anywhere remotely near good enough for Leeds 1st team.