Ex players and that

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We're delighted to announce the loan signing of attacking midfielder, Serhat Tasdemir 🚀

Welcome to the #Bees, Serhat! 🧡

#BarnetFC 🐝 | #SerhatSigns

And that shows just how clueless the Aussie wonder is…

Maybe Mo doesn’t have the ultimate say after all

• Like 1

Interesting. I was at Maidenhead versus Leyton Orient yesterday - hadn’t realised that it was the Barnes we had here. 

Orient have picked up Darren Pratley who looked classy in the middle of the park. A couple of others stood out: the keeper Vigouroux and Happe at the back.

Entertaining if error strewn game. Orient were in control until Maidenhead equalised but then had a major wobble before eventually grabbing the winner from the spot.

19 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

And that shows just how clueless the Aussie wonder is…

Maybe Mo doesn’t have the ultimate say after all

Was coming on here to make the same point. Few of us were getting shot down for giving Kewell pelters last season, but this confirms really that he had more than a big say in the recruitment of players. Still blows my mind that sponsors pulled their money because we sacked him...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

Was coming on here to make the same point. Few of us were getting shot down for giving Kewell pelters last season, but this confirms really that he had more than a big say in the recruitment of players. Still blows my mind that sponsors pulled their money because we sacked him...

You would have a better arguement if we had replaced him with somebody who's doing better

16 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Back to league one for George … prob for pennies, we won’t see anything.

We get a 20% sell on cut. He's still 2 years left on his Rangers contract and Ipswich will offer him a 3 year deal, so the fee I think will be substantial.

Taking that into account and assuming Rangers take a small loss I estimate it could be in the region of a £100,000 windfall for the club.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48722825

Edited by BP1960

42 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

We get a 20% sell on cut. He's still 2 years left on his Rangers contract and Ipswich will offer him a 3 year deal, so the fee I think will be substantial.

Taking that into account and assuming Rangers take a small loss I estimate it could be in the region of a £100,000 windfall for the club.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48722825

Aren't sell-on clauses usually a percentage of any transfer profit?

16 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Yes I think so.

I can't see Ipswich forking out anything like £700k. Perhaps the £700k included add ons like number of appearances. As he only made 13 1st team appearances, I doubt we got anything for them. Maybe the actual fee was around £500k, but even that would be silly money for Ipswich or Wigan. Derby would pay it, but they are embargoed. No windfall there then, unless it's a rolling sell on clause.  

54 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

Iv always been under the impression that's its 20% sell on, end off. Wether its more or less money we should still get 20%. I read that Peterborough where in for him again havin lost out to rangers last time

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

23 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Iv always been under the impression that's its 20% sell on, end off. Wether its more or less money we should still get 20%. I read that Peterborough where in for him again havin lost out to rangers last time

15 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The much vaunted Brentford sell-ons were on profits made on transfers not the full amounts. 

Depends on the terms 

you either agree a percentage of sell on or a % of sell on profit 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

He doesn’t rate Curle either 

but even if he did it’s irrelevant to the fact that Kewell thinks Tasdemir is a footballer 

I'm not on about Tasdemir, my point is sacking Kewell has (up to now) made no difference