Ex players and that

2 hours ago, kev1970 said:

I did too such a waste to lose him to now non league he would have scored a few of the free kicks we have had and raised the crowd 

I wonder if we are still allowed to loan players from the NL. Not that he would come here of course.

19 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Barnet calling for Kewells head - time he accepted he isnt a manager and I don’t give a toss how many goals we scored last season he is absolutely fucking awful 

Most goals conceded in their league by a country mile.  He's consistent, you have to give him that.

Edited by SweeperKeeper
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Chris15Arm said:

Kewell sacked

He had absolutely no clue on how to set up a team to defend that's for sure, however if you take out Pete Wilde short stint, he had the joint highest win % at 43% with Wadsworth of any manager since 2000 according to the stats in an earlier post!

To be fair thats pretty much play off form, and at least we played some entertaining stuff last year, which is better than this seasons crap and total of 4 league goals scored.

I was never his biggest fan but sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for...

Edited by Londonboy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Londonboy said:

He had absolutely no clue on how to set up a team to defend that's for sure, however if you take out Pete Wilde short stint, he had the joint highest win % at 43% with Wadsworth of any manager since 2000 according to the stats in an earlier post!

To be fair thats pretty much play off form, and at least we played some entertaining stuff last year, which is better than this seasons crap and total of 4 league goals scored.

I was never his biggest fan but sometimes you need to be careful what you wish for...

Yeah, it was frustrating how he just couldn't get his head around how to set up at home but we played some brilliant football at times under him. In away games especially if we went one or two down you still felt like we weren't out of the game. Don't get that feeling with Curle at all.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2021 at 10:14 AM, BP1960 said:

Anyone good enough for Latics on either side?

A few of the Bromley lads for sure. Michael Cheek leads the line well and Louis Dennis always impresses. Webster at the back (ex Millwall) is solid. Kian Flanagan was Barnet's best player. 

Edited by dannyboy55555

14 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

A few of the Bromley lads for sure. Michael Cheek leads the line well and Louis Dennis always impresses. Webster at the back (ex Millwall) is solid. Kian Flanagan was Barnet's best player. 

and zero chance of signing any of them.  I payed Sunday League on Bromley's ground a couple of times.  No idea why; we were usually on Tooting Bec Common.

6 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yeah, it was frustrating how he just couldn't get his head around how to set up at home but we played some brilliant football at times under him. In away games especially if we went one or two down you still felt like we weren't out of the game. Don't get that feeling with Curle at all.

totally agree, he had a way of playing and although a bit of a maverick his win% with us was good. Was unlucky to lose his job. He got the best out of dkd and mcaleny 

Would have kewell back in a heartbeat. I noticed massively on Saturday that anytime hartlepool threw the ball in to the box from anywhere, they had 3,4 or 5 players in there. Whereas we had possession around the box and still sometimes had zero in the box! And the final minute lutwieler was going mental because he had the ball ready to go and everyone was walkin. Under kewell players like dkd did well because they where always in the box. Under curle dkd spends the game on the half way line or deeper and that's when he turns in to Garrity! Much rather kewell throwing players forward than curle playing deeper than iv seen us for years

• Like 1