Ex players and that

11 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Win one, lose one = 3 points

Two draws = 2 points

1.5 points a game is playoff form, 1 point a game is relegation form. 

You need to go for wins, even if sometimes it backfires.  

We were 16th after 32 matches when he got the boot. We were absolutely nowhere near the playoffs or even looking like we could challenge.  Kewell's approach of course led to a lot more goals, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't have us in that much of a better place.

But as with most managerial discussions, it doesn't really matter. There are much bigger reasons for our position and until they change we're always going to be scratching around the bottom few positions in this league.

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

We were 16th after 32 matches when he got the boot. We were absolutely nowhere near the playoffs or even looking like we could challenge.  Kewell's approach of course led to a lot more goals, but in the grand scheme of things it didn't have us in that much of a better place.

But as with most managerial discussions, it doesn't really matter. There are much bigger reasons for our position and until they change we're always going to be scratching around the bottom few positions in this league.

I agree that Kewell wasn't going to get us anywhere near the playoffs, but 16th is a lot better for our long term future than 24th.

Curle needs to throw a bit more caution to the wind, particularly against our fellow strugglers, if we are going to reach safety.

50 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I agree that Kewell wasn't going to get us anywhere near the playoffs, but 16th is a lot better for our long term future than 24th.

Curle needs to throw a bit more caution to the wind, particularly against our fellow strugglers, if we are going to reach safety.

I don't think Kewell would be doing much better with the attacking options we have now to be honest. Dearnley scored a few in the early part of the season. And McAleny hasn't been replaced. 

Also, by the looks of things we were 22nd with 5 points after 8 matches, so only 2 places and 1 point better off than we are now under Curle.

Jesus, this is like trying to decide whether to eat a dog shit sandwich or a cat shit baguette. What a time to be alive!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LaticMark said:

Garrity scores for Port Vale again!

Glad he is doing well there.

Often criticised for being in the right place to miss decent chances for us, damned with feint praise.

Even though I appreciated his effort, running, positional sense, he wasn't effective and by the end, confidence seemed to be in bits.

Playing with better players cant hurt.

Ipswich Town v Doncaster Rovers: 'I honestly think we've turned a corner' - Richie Wellens

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/ipswich-town-v-doncaster-rovers-i-honestly-think-weve-turned-a-corner-richie-wellens-3398576

Ipswich 6 - 0 Doncaster 😂

With a late goal for George. 

Very much and that, but I bumped into Tony Bugby near the start of the London marathon today. He was running, I was supporting. Every item of his outfit had a Latics badge on it. 

I'm running Manchester marathon next weekend. I'm wondering about getting an Abdallah Out t-shirt. Or will the feds make me turn it inside out? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Very much and that, but I bumped into Tony Bugby near the start of the London marathon today. He was running, I was supporting. Every item of his outfit had a Latics badge on it. 

I'm running Manchester marathon next weekend. I'm wondering about getting an Abdallah Out t-shirt. Or will the feds make me turn it inside out? 

Do it, you know its your duty. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

When Tony ran the London Marathon the day after Latics won at Millwall, he wore his Latics shirt and got pelters south of the river.

• Like 1