Ex players and that

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

'Upon taking over, he said his first priority as new owner was to improve football operations and match day fan experience at Edgeley Park'.

AL take note.

Didn't Karl Evans say the same? (Granted I know he’s not the owner)

Actions are louder than words, I’m sick of cliched statements that use fancy ways to talk bollocks

just get on with it  

25 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Didn't Karl Evans say the same? (Granted I know he’s not the owner)

Actions are louder than words, I’m sick of cliched statements that use fancy ways to talk bollocks

just get on with it  

They've got Rob Elstone in as chief exec. He lives in the town and is in a different stratosphere to Karl Evans. 

On 10/5/2021 at 4:23 PM, bigfatjoe1 said:

Absolutely.

We'll become a dying breed soon. Not many under the age 40 will remember the golden age. We should have an oral history project to capture the memories.

Yes, send Mike Keegan to every every Oldham School to give an hours talk as part of the kids history lessons.🙂

3 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

I think the splendidly named George Kinnell was Jim Baxter's cousin. Baxter, who for younger readers was a kind of Scottish Gascoigne, had just signed for Sunderland and wanted a drinking partner. George was happy to oblige and agitated for a move. Latics cashed in.

Latics started the season brilliantly and were top of Div 3 and going splendidly. With Kinnell going , Johnston and Ian Towers getting injured, and Frank Large sold it all fell apart and we finished about tenth. Ken Bates lost interest and left the club in the mire about eighteen months later and we declined to just about the state we are in now.

Then came John Lowe and Jimmy Frizzell....

Dickie Down. Probably as bad if not worse than Hope.

15 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Dickie Down. Probably as bad if not worse than Hope.

Dickie wasn't fit to lace Hope's boots.

A more realistic comparison would be with Urko Vera!

That said, I would have preferred either of the above to Dearnley's 45 minutes on Tuesday.

Edited by Dickie Down
Grammar