Ex players and that

Had a quick look on the donny forum to find out why and they are all gutted and mystified re. Wellens.

They also think Dickov is the Messiah

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him do quite well at Donny. Few more resources available. Lessons learnt from past mistakes here. One thing you can't deny is he tried to play the right way but was far too often outwitted by opposing managers, especially in games at BP where we were neutralised far to easily.

And fair play. If he does will we move on. Or will we be still looking for a bad result or two to have a cheap chuckle?

I really wouldn't be surprised to see him do quite well at Donny. Few more resources available. Lessons learnt from past mistakes here. One thing you can't deny is he tried to play the right way but was far too often outwitted by opposing managers, especially in games at BP where we were neutralised far to easily.

And fair play. If he does will we move on. Or will we be still looking for a bad result or two to have a cheap chuckle?

If he does badly we learn nothing, if he does well Corney can have a good look at what was different for future reference.

Not too sure about him trying to play the right way....

If he does badly we learn nothing, if he does well Corney can have a good look at what was different for future reference.

Not too sure about him trying to play the right way....

Huddersfield (h) 1-0

Exeter (h) 3-3 (apart from the last ten minutes meltdown)

Notts County (h) 3-0

Most of the first half of the season for his first two seasons. You could see he wanted to play quick tempo passing football. The only problem was it unravelled too quickly and savvier managers sussed it out with the personnel we had.

I'm not saying he was a roaring success, but in a different club with better resources and a chairman who (probably for the better in our case) isn't cutting cloth year on year I think he may do OK. I might be wrong but I really don't get this anti-Dickov feeling that's manifested itself seemingly.

Huddersfield (h) 1-0

Exeter (h) 3-3 (apart from the last ten minutes meltdown)

Notts County (h) 3-0

Most of the first half of the season for his first two seasons. You could see he wanted to play quick tempo passing football. The only problem was it unravelled too quickly and savvier managers sussed it out with the personnel we had.

I'm not saying he was a roaring success, but in a different club with better resources and a chairman who (probably for the better in our case) isn't cutting cloth year on year I think he may do OK. I might be wrong but I really don't get this anti-Dickov feeling that's manifested itself seemingly.

I think most of us were glad he'd gone but wished him well, then were astounded he got a Championship job, then were wound up by his comments....

He started it, etc...

I'm with you on that last sentence, J : nobody wanted him out more than me, but the way everyone wants to know everything that goes on at Donny (just for a stick to beat him with) is astounding...

Speaking of old players. Just had a chat with Ritchie Jones who is also looking for a club. Said he'd been over to San Antonio Earhquakes and the day he was due to sign their striker broke his toe so they had to use the money to bring in another striker. He's looking to get back over to the MLS though. Nice lad.