Ex players and that

Not an ex player, but in the 'that' category as I mentioned him earlier this year.

Omar Bogle, Solihull, aged 21, now 92 appearances 54 goals.

I assume the Latics have checked him out?

Edited by BP1960

From the BBC football gossip section. - even though Smith hasn't scored many goals this season it's still a bit harsh to call him a defender ..,

"Fulham defender Matt Smith, 25, currently on loan at Bristol City, tweeted a photograph of himself meeting namesake actor Matt Smith, best known as the 11th incarnation of Doctor Who."

Tarky back in the Brentford starting line up.

I'm told he was dropped because the manager asked him to play in midfield but he wanted to stay in defence.

Top 4 of the Championship and the manager wanted to put him centre midfield. Goes to show what a talented player was on our books. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play in the Prem one day. That's Winchester, him and Philly doing pretty well. All from the TP production line at a similar age.

You go on Brentford's messageboard don't you, o4u? What do their fans make of him?

I'm told he was dropped because the manager asked him to play in midfield but he wanted to stay in defence.

He got suspended, in part due to needless bookings - the stand in pairing were then part of five wins on the bounce.

What do their fans make of him?

On the whole they think he's the best centre back they've ever seen in a Brentford shirt. They might be right too.

Ron not messing about at Pools, Lanzoni and Schmeltz shown the door.

Speaking of which...

They were talking on twitter and I found this on Schmeltz's profile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V386D5Bcof4&feature=youtu.be - Sidney Schmeltz Official Movie.

Edited by oafc-latics

Speaking of which...

They were talking on twitter and I found this on Schmeltz's profile:

- Sidney Schmeltz Official Movie.

I remember the right-back for Shrewsbury called Ryan Woods, who Sidney absolutely tore a new one, and thought he would struggle to make it professional on that performance. A year later he's playing centre mid for Shrewsbury and dominated the game with quick feet and a great range of passing. Probably the best player I've seen at that level with the exception of Matt Grimes (who's off to Swansea imminently). Add that to Lanzoni's rapid decline and it shows just how much can change in the space of a year.