If Shez had been let go just a few days ago I would be shouting a big yes to Scholes as a manager and somebody like Wellens as his assistant, but the last 3 games have put a twist into the mix.

Maybe the Blackburn game is going to be the RW final interview - we win he gets the job, loses and hello Paul Scholes.

36 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I suppose the fact that RW said that he’d stay as Assistant under Seedorf means that he might consider the same under somebody with the playing pedigree of Scholes. If I were in a position to offer Scholes the job I would be making Wellens assistant as a pre-condition.

Wellens is a massive Utd fan so I think he would be all for working with Scholes possibility they already know each other from their time at Utd and Wellens also played for Salford City for a short while 

30 minutes ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

I suppose the fact that RW said that he’d stay as Assistant under Seedorf means that he might consider the same under somebody with the playing pedigree of Scholes. If I were in a position to offer Scholes the job I would be making Wellens assistant as a pre-condition.

Alternatively, Scholes as assistant to Wellens.

I think that a lot of us have become de-sensitised to all things Paul Scholes ever since he was rumoured to be coming after his retirement. 

I was one of the excited ones.

However, i would be much more comfortable with Wellens/Scholes as one and 2

14 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I can't believe anyone is considering this before we know the outcome of the investment/takeover deal...

Why?

1. He takes it, gets backed and we do well.

2. He takes it, doesn’t get ‘promised funds’ but still does well. 

3. The takeover doesn’t go through and/or he’s shit an gets sacked. 

He’s the same as any other name manager on the maybe promise of investment.

3 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Micky Quinn comparing us to Stevenage and Scholes to Sheringham... the fat scouse w@nker.

I suppose both of them references can be compared quite favourably to a man whose got the shameful record of being done for neglecting racehorses by the RSPCA and banned from horseracing for three years.

Summary:

While trying to be careful not to bad mouth the club too much, Shez said;

- Players turning up at the club as triallists was unsettling.

- He had no idea what positions they played or how good they were.

- 6 players were signed at once. The intimation - he didn’t explicitly say this - without his input.

- People - one assumes Lemsagam & entourage - entering the dressing room.

- in response to the question about whether they have money, no-one seen any / not getting paid.

Micky Quinn said when he played for us Royle had to make £175k annual profit just to keep us afloat.

He started by saying he came in Monday morning to training and there were 8 new players,  by Tuesday 6 had signed.

Says we've good players at the club.

Admitted the keeper situation was his biggest regret and mistake.

Felt he deserved time with all the uncertainty around the club.

Shez would give it to Wellens, preferring a British manager. 

Oldhams a great club.

Questioned where the money is going to come from to fund a Scholes/Seedorf. 

Having a rest from the game with the family, bigger and better managers without a job than him but if anything came up he'd consider it.

Edited by yarddog73

1 minute ago, lookersstandandy said:

Summary:

While trying to be careful not to bad mouth the club too much, Shez said;

- Players turning up at the club as triallists was unsettling.

- He had no idea what positions they played or how good they were.

- 6 players were signed at once. The intimation - he didn’t explicitly say this - without his input.

- People - one assumes Lemsagam & entourage - entering the dressing room.

- in response to the question about whether they have money, no-one seen any / not getting paid.

Micky Quinn said when he played for us Royle had to make £175k annual profit just to keep us afloat.

Also said lots going on behind the scenes  i thought he would not be able to discuss any of the above as part of a settlement ?

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He started by saying he came in Monday morning to training and there were 8 new players,  by Tuesday 6 had signed.

Says we've good players at the club.

Admitted the keeper situation was his biggest regret and mistake.

Felt he deserved time with all the uncertainty around the club.

Shez would give it to Wellens, preferring a British manager. 

Oldhams a great club.

Questioned where the money is going to come from to fund a Scholes/Seedorf. 

Having a rest from the game with the family, bigger and better managers without a job than him but if anything came up he'd consider it.

Is that a hint at a possible known foreign manager!!!

Interesting to hear Shez's thoughts.  He wasn't blameless but unfortunately he's probably better off out of it at the moment.  If for any reason we need him in the future I'd happily have him back.

Don't like the sound of owners entering the dressing room.  Completely undermines whoever is manager and smacks of Orient.