14 minutes ago, Dayvan Cowboy said:

Seriously, why does Scholes deserve the job over anyone, not just Wellens? Just on profile alone? When has that EVER worked at this level. 

So we get mentioned in the newspapers for a couple of weeks before people go back to forgetting Oldham Athletic even exist, woohoo

People seem to  be forgetting, or ignoring, the fact that Scholes has actually "done his badges" and does want to be a manager.

It wouldn't just be for the publicity & exposure, though that would be a useful, possibly lucrative added bonus...

11 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

...I think your post here sums the situation up perfectly well....

...but two games later and others would have you believe we've got the 2nd coming on our hands.... it's madness.

Why? We've won our last 2 league games in style under a bright new caretaker manager who was once a great player for us and has put forward an exciting vision for the club should he get the job.

I think it's great, and right, that many of us are buzzing and giddy about it all.

Do you even like football? :grin:

With all the possibilities of Scholes, Seedorf, Correa etc. While being names we know... they are mostly unknown entities.

It's not hard to understand why people are preferential to a man who's got us playing decent football for the last 3 games

If it is Scholes he might do a Roy Keane and absolutely piss is first job and piss promotion like Keane did at Sunderland...

They seem to have a similar demeanour on TV.

By the time the awe and adulation dissipates and the player start to think he's a cunt we'll be mid table in the Championship :grin:

Just now, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Well that's over for another 6 months/year then (until the next manager leaves...)

We are running out of former World class players to be linked with the job .

Any further suggestions?

Well why not David Beckham next for interview tonight at BP. Or Christian Ronaldo is coming as player manager. That would fill the stadium. I suppose if the new owner is a wealthy member of the Royal Family from Dubai anything is possible. However knowing our luck it will be the opposite. Keep the faith guys. 

1 hour ago, cmr said:

After zero games your clamouring for Scholes based on what, his contacts, playing career? He's not exactly Mr Charisma and that won't bode well for being a manager

Clamouring for Scholes I am.... "Personally, I'd happy with either..... and delighted with Scholes as manager and Wellens as assistant."