Wigan (A)

1 minute ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Are you so blind the simply demanding someone call you “gaffer” makes you a great manager or lea

der?? Deluded

I worked for Brian Clough, he insisted on boss or gaffer and didn't do too badly. 

You are from a different time than me I accept that, now please respect my opinion without using words like deluded. 

5 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I worked for Brian Clough, he insisted on boss or gaffer and didn't do too badly. 

You are from a different time than me I accept that, now please respect my opinion without using words like deluded. 

I appreciate that and I respect your opinion and sorry if I offended. Brian Clough was a great man and I wish I’d been alive to appreciate him more - he was a shadow of his greatness when I started watching Latics in 1991!

I do see where you’re coming from, there’s a line between pals and bosses I just don’t think a name is important in that distinction but rather the relationship and respect you have for someone and that we as outsiders don’t know what that relationship is between Byrne and Wellens.

like I say didn’t mean to offend - it’s easy to be emotional on a match day!! 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Is Wellens job under threat after that today? For some strange reason players who were pulling their tripe out for him seemingly give zero fucks now. It's all very strange.

Although to be fair two games ago they had taken 11 points from 15.

Is it only on a football message board an opinion HAS to be respected ? That’s bullshit if you ask me ! I get it that everyone should have a right to an opinion but should I respect it , if I think it’s bollox ? Adolf hitler had some pretty strong opinions   Should I respect them ? 

BP I like loads of what you say but picking up on players not calling RW gaffer etc is utter tosh my friend. That is my opinion anyway ?

17 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Although to be fair two games ago they had taken 11 points from 15.

I get that but the question has to be asked why they blow so hot and cold, to be fair to Wellens he took the blame away from the players for the shocking performance against Portsmouth but after today in my opinion they have let him down.

44 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I get that but the question has to be asked why they blow so hot and cold, to be fair to Wellens he took the blame away from the players for the shocking performance against Portsmouth but after today in my opinion they have let him down.

It is what average players do and the league table tells you they are average as a group.

You might question whether they really believed they could get a result as to be fair not many of us thought we stood much chance.

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Is it only on a football message board an opinion HAS to be respected ? That’s bullshit if you ask me ! I get it that everyone should have a right to an opinion but should I respect it , if I think it’s bollox ? Adolf hitler had some pretty strong opinions   Should I respect them ? 

BP I like loads of what you say but picking up on players not calling RW gaffer etc is utter tosh my friend. That is my opinion anyway ?

I agree with all that you say but Byrnes apparent lack of respect for the manager is becoming an issue, its okay to be on first name terms in my book but the way he acts and behaves towards Richie during games just isn't on.

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

It is what average players do and the league table tells you they are average as a group.

You might question whether they really believed they could get a result as to be fair not many of us thought we stood much chance.

I agree but for me that smacks of a bunch of players with a weak mindset, a bit of snow shouldn't be an excuse for not having desire and neither should bottling it because your travelling to play a team chasing promotion, whats changed since the Blackburn game? They managed a great forty five minutes there against a very good team, I expected nothing today other than desire and effort, sadly we didn't even get that.

I was one who spoke out against wellens, I kept my powder dry through the recent uo turn not because I was hoping for a down turn to say I told u so, it was because I was hoping to apologise for jumping the gun early and wanted to say well done for proving me wrong. The jury is still out, it is ridiculous tho how one win we’re world champions a few losses were doomed.  the dury m is still out, with the teams we have left to play we should stay up. If we don’t wellens has to go. On bp points, a agree to some extent. But what I find slightly odd is after a game gerrard said he was in pain for some injury or other. On twitter wellens called him a soft twat, I did think to myself is that good team spirit ? Or crossing the line? To friendly ? I don’t know. Ps apologies for punctuation and spelling had a few

8 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

According to Facebook Simon Brooke has requested on Placide's behalf that people stop singing his song... Probably because it's shite

Really? Ffs.

Do we or him  really need to go into what the song is about? Irrespective of wether you rate the the song, can it not just be a laugh? 

God knows, we need one. 

17 hours ago, PlayItLivo said:

Didn’t expect anything from this game obvs.

But I said it after Blackburn, we’ll be very lucky to stay up with this defence. Placide’s  a good passer, but not a good goalkeeper. Bryan doesn’t know whether he’s coming or going in defence. Although I’d happily play him in midfield ahead of Fane, which defies belief why he starts every week. We’re supposed to be a team capable of fluid attacking football, yet we play a guy who slows down our play and kills our momentum every time he touches the ball. He’s a passenger when he starts.

Yep. Bryan must be pushed forward, Fane binned and a new centre back.

10 hours ago, deyres42 said:

League table says they’re less than average 

12 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Some mediocre performances today Byrne, Fane and Davies awful. 

Hunt at right back was a dismal failure and why is Davies starting games?

I can't think of a single outfield player who did well, except maybe McEleney who showed a glimpse of skill Nick Powell would have been proud of. 

Doyle was slow and doesn't look match fit, yet Nazon who has pace wasn't used against the lumbering Wigan centre backs.

RW is proving stubborn in his tactics and sticking with regularly poor performing players. 

The alarm bells must be ringing about keeping his job as to continue doing what he's doing will bring relegation IMO. 

He has a massive squad yet can't seem to mould a team or shape together. 

A big mistake not signing 2 big strong centre backs in the transfer window which may cost him dearly. 

Sorry this will upset the happy clappers, but today showed the team just doesn't look up for a battle. 

I might be old fashioned, but when Byrne called the manager by his first name  in a pre match interview it suggested to me too much palliness. It was Mr, boss or gaffer in my dinasaur days.

RW needs to realise he isn't a player anymore, he's a manager.  

Some may disagree with me, but I say what I see from many years of watching football at all levels. 

Hunt is not very good. Struggle to see why clubs above us would want him. Hoofball merchant who swings his leg. Placide isn’t good enough. Fane constantly gives the ball away - he’s a player for a poor side.

Liked the look of McEleney though.

• Like 1