Wigan (A)

6 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

Wellness has no clue i'm afraid

I’d be willing to bet he has more clue than you, me or anyone else on this board.

yes we were shit but we’ve also been immense under the same manager.

if we go down we go down it won’t kill anyone 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Really??

Yes. We have been shit for 3 or 4 games, but we arent a shit side. We completely lost momentum when the loanees returned. 

We were playing high energy simple football. Now we are over complicating it. Need to get back to the simple stuff.

17 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

I honestly thought we'd find a bit of our lost form today and grab a draw. What do I know?

So did I Pete. I now need to lift for the Lions game at the Gabba tomorrow night. I will be a complete tool if that goes tits up as well.

Edited by L1onheartNew

6 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

I’d be willing to bet he has more clue than you, me or anyone else on this board.

yes we were shit but we’ve also been immense under the same manager.

if we go down we go down it won’t kill anyone 

.....agreed, that's why I don't manage a football club...he does and frankly he isn't doing a particularly good job. If you're happy with relegation then fine. I'm not going to get hysterical as it is indeed not the end of the world

However, we may have been "immense" for 6-7 games at the start of his tenure but we have been really, really poor since then and if he can't see that Fane and others simply aren't up to it then I am not sure he does have that much more of a clue than you or me

3 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

.....agreed, that's why I don't manage a football club...he does and frankly he isn't doing a particularly good job. If you're happy with relegation then fine. I'm not going to get hysterical as it is indeed not the end of the world

However, we may have been "immense" for 6-7 games at the start of his tenure but we have been really, really poor since then and if he can't see that Fane and others simply aren't up to it then I am not sure he does have that much more of a clue than you or me

No we haven’t been “really really poor since then” or Blackburn and Scunthorpe wouldn’t have happened - we’ve been inconsistent which we should be very much used to. We were fucking awful today but did anyone really expect anything from Wigan away? 

And my point is I never understand football fans having this idea they can accurately call someone’s performance in a job they don’t do and have no idea about. If Richie Wellens came to my office and told me I wasn’t doing a good job I’d tell him to fuck himself - as I’m sure you would.

and no I’m not happy with relegation but as you say it’s not the end of the world. Today is done - I’ll look to Monday and enjoy the rest of my extended weekend 

• Like 1

Hunt should not have played at right back he’s still unfit. We have a player called Tom Hamer and he’s twice as good as Hunt. He’s dangerous because he can throw a ball a long distance, he has pace to beat a man and he can cross the ball. Hunt showed today that he’s not fit, he’s no pace and his crossing of the ball was pants. SFane should be dropped for Monday and another midfielder given a chance. When Wellens took over we used to pass the ball with speed and keep it on the floor. Today nearly ever ball forward was hoofed up the pitch . We need to get back to a passing game. You cannot blame the pitch today it was a good surface for this time of the season. Let’s hope Gerrard is fit soon because that defence needs martialing. The whole team looked slow to the ball. Worst players today where, Hunt, Fane and Byrne. Byrne appeared in an interview this week on IFollow. He said that we have the players to beat Wigan. So what happened Jack. You looked to be playing in s bad dream. If we don’t start playing carpet football again soon then we are going down. 

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

No we haven’t been “really really poor since then” or Blackburn and Scunthorpe wouldn’t have happened - we’ve been inconsistent which we should be very much used to. We were fucking awful today but did anyone really expect anything from Wigan away? 

And my point is I never understand football fans having this idea they can accurately call someone’s performance in a job they don’t do and have no idea about. If Richie Wellens came to my office and told me I wasn’t doing a good job I’d tell him to fuck himself - as I’m sure you would.

and no I’m not happy with relegation but as you say it’s not the end of the world. Today is done - I’ll look to Monday and enjoy the rest of my extended weekend 

Well said. 

Someof the comments are akin to Arsenal fans on 606. I really find the glee with which some of our fans grasp the opportunity to slag all and sundry after a defeat away to the best team in the division very strange.

• Like 1

Onto the Blackpool game and forget about today, Wigan are a top class outfit and I get the impresssion Wellens had half an eye on the Blackpool game on Monday. Which could be off if the anticipated snow is due to land. 

Very poor performances and the only positive is that we now have played all the top sides.

From the off we were lacklustre and rode our luck..Their left winger was good.We were gutless,and kept giving the ball away.There was no pride,no passion,no commitment....nothing.Fane,Byrne,Hunt poor.Placide again comes racing out and gets lobbed for the first, the second was woeful defending and the third came from a breakaway when we were attacking .

Wigan weren't brilliant by any means.It was more about us gifting goals yet again.

Should not have started with Davies and should given DN a go upfront.

No one was shouting for the ball and it was like a Sunday am game.Our fans were brilliant yet again but deserved better today.

I would show the players a full video of that non performance and have got to get back to winning ways in these last few games.

I'm still confident we can pull away from the drop zone but my confidence took a knock today.

Come on RW...sort it out.

Wrong time to be in bad form.

Didn't expect anything today except a gritty performance and its very worrying that the last 3 games have been poor. 

Notice Fleetwood haven't conceded for 4 games and that's where it starts. 

I was confident we would escape this morning even with defeat at Wigan but after watching that I am very worried now. 

Pissed off coming away from that, local game with a good backing, albeit they are much much better than us, I still expect some effort and a bit of quality. We are so bad with the ball it was embarassing, the goals we conceded were a joke. I get the feeling RW doesn’t want to change things too much, I think he can be too loyal, there’s so many players out of form they should not be in our team at the moment. Huge huge game on Monday, we lose on Monday and i’ll be seriously worried, i’m worried now but at least for now it’s in our hands.

Miombe and in particular Gardner our best players today, Gardner again showing some urgency that the rest of the team lack. 

Hunt had a mare first half, Could tell he's not Match fit and his sharpness is lacking after months out. 

Their first goal was fantastic, however we should have been 1-0 up at that stage with Doyle being in 1 on 1 then seemingly melted in front of goal. 

Byrne HAS to come central, he was garbage today. Strolling round, arguing with Wellens on occasion it seemed, We need the old Jack B Back! 

Fane I'm sorry, he had a good couple of months but he's shocking. Not a league 1 midfielder at all. He had NO idea what to do with the ball when he gets it. That run with the ball sideways right across the pitch in the 2nd half during a decent attack, to then just fall over and lose possession was painful to watch. 

We struggled to make 5-10 yard passes at times today. Some over hit, some under hit, Some blasted at players so their first touch made them lose possession, some just several yards away from the receiving player, School boy stuff.

Kean Bryan mistake criminal.

Changes needed

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

Huge over reactions today we played a very good side the table does not lie, if results stay as they are now bottom 3 are down , then between ourselves Wimbledon , MKD & Walsall , i still think we will stay up KTF. 

Was it an over reaction!! Where Wigan that good? no, we were gutless, Wigan didn’t have to get out of second gear a bit like a training session, as what a lot of Wigan fans are saying after the game

1 hour ago, Magic Mikey said:

Some of the comments are akin to Arsenal fans on 606. I really find the glee with which some of our fans grasp the opportunity to slag all and sundry after a defeat away to the best team in the division very strange

We got a lucky draw away to the bottom club in the league.

1 hour ago, mickjagger said:

Huge over reactions today we played a very good side the table does not lie, if results stay as they are now bottom 3 are down , then between ourselves Wimbledon , MKD & Walsall , i still think we will stay up KTF. 

There is no glee in watching Latics getting pasted every week at the moment and no huge over reaction. There is starting to be some reality from some supporters that we are simply not good enough at the moment. The difference this time is that we have SOME good players unlike some previous seasons. These players are  being played out of position and the balance of the team is not right.

What I find puzzling and disappointing is that Wellens does not seem to have a plan B and we keep banging away with the same set up week after week when we have a decent squad. Today was the ideal chance to try something else against a team we expected nothing from but no-same same old rolled out again.

Unless change happens cannot see a way out of this.

• Like 1

Wellens needs to appointment an assistant manager (or experienced coach on temporary basis) as soon as possible. With TP no longer around on matchdays (not seen him recently) there is no experience on the sidelines and it doesn’t help with the lack of it on the pitch.   It was similar with Johnson when he only had Murray. 

Followed it on Twitter which was interesting, some of them lads genuinely think we should be winning every match.

Sounds like it was all very predictable.

Wellens has been loyal to some players but think time has come to make some changes, draws aren't going to cut it now.

I'd be tempted to make 5 or 6 for Blackpool if it is on.