Priorities?

48 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

That's the main issue for me - acquiring it in the first place.  It seems the 2 parties are massively overvaluing their respective assets.  But with cash in hand and a proper plan, it might be feasible to make a sale at market values? Who knows.  Got to be worth a shot anyway!

Quite. 

If I want a tenner for something, and somebody asks would I be hypothetically willing to sell it for 7 quid,  Well- maybe, but I haven’t really got a decision to make. If somebody puts a fiver under my nose, I maybe more amenable. 

We have rightly have a go Blitz for a lot of things, but to my knowledge no one has actually made him offer or given him something to think about. 

3 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Any sensible business owner has to have a reasonable profit margin to succeed, or pump millions of beer tokens they can afford to lose, into a venture that they a prepared to take a gamble on. I'm not sure our current owner falls into either category, as the latter gamble needs a sensible long term plan and get out clause. Clubs these days need very wealthy owners who like to throw millions into a deep hole for their own and I am not sure how many Oldham fans or willing purchasers there are around with pockets that deep. Discuss.

How very topical as Man City announce a loss of £126 million for 2019/20 season.

44 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Quite. 

If I want a tenner for something, and somebody asks would I be hypothetically willing to sell it for 7 quid,  Well- maybe, but I haven’t really got a decision to make. If somebody puts a fiver under my nose, I maybe more amenable. 

We have rightly have a go Blitz for a lot of things, but to my knowledge no one has actually made him offer or given him something to think about. 

Yep. I'd feel more confident putting a market value bid to Blitz for the land than I would AL for the club.  Blitz, despite what we might think of him and what he's done, is a businessman with a reasonable track record and may recognise a fair deal if offered one.  Don't feel the same about AL.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

8Even if Blitz and Abdullah had a spectacular change of heart and handed over the club the land and wrote of the directors loans to competent owners even then I don't think Oldham Athletic would be profitable.

Having said their can be only so long that Blitz and Abdullah want to keep on doing this. Blitz has alot of land with a football club in the middle of it. His tenant is volatile and if he kicks him out then not only does he get alot of bad publicity. Their won't be another team who will play at Boundary Park so he will be left with the only option but to bulldoze it and turn it into houses. Given the choice of that which will make him a profit but will give him alot of hassle and just selling the land and reinvesting it where he could probably make alot more for considerably less hassle then you would assume he is a relatively willing seller of the land.

In the meantime Abdullah Lemsagam continues to do the equivalent of punching every Oldham Athletic fan and himself in the face by running Oldham Athletic into the ground causing him alot of hassle and costing him alot of money with no sign whatsoever that it is likely to turnround. He must come to some realisation at some point that the longer he is here the worse it is going to get for him so he will have to cut his losses. If it goes under then both him and Blitz will lose alot of money as Blitz has £6million of directors loans sat on the balance sheet and Abdullah probably has a figure which is catching up.

At some point the reality is going to bite for both of them and they will have to compromise whether they like it or not. This won't last forever it can't do.

It's been the plan all along, bulldozing the club into oblivion and building on clayton playing fields, Hotel at one time wasn't it?

44 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

It's been the plan all along, bulldozing the club into oblivion and building on clayton playing fields, Hotel at one time wasn't it?

Well if we had gone to Failsworth then yeah but that didn't happen. TBH I think the club going under and Blitz building houses is/was highly unlikely to happen its more hassle than its worth to him. He'd be better off going buying some land in and around Manchester City centre and building on it as property has been soaring for a while now he'd make far more profit far quicker.

Or in his case he could just find some property in New York or London and just rent it out.

• Thanks 1