Priorities?

4 hours ago, bozman said:

Yes, he was sat with AL at the game last night, so still involved in some capacity.

Not sure how people can be surprised at this. It was common knowledge that Corney remained as Chairman after the takeover had gone through. It wasn't reported anywhere that he had left the club completely.

23 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Not sure how people can be surprised at this. It was common knowledge that Corney remained as Chairman after the takeover had gone through. It wasn't reported anywhere that he had left the club completely.

Strange how they don't really want to advertise it as the case though innit.

28 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Where wasit said he would be chairman? It was said he would stay around for a transitional period but don’t remember his job title being given 

If AL has the cash then a new pitch and better training facilities that will attract good player must be top priority. Perhaps little Wembley could be covered providing indoor facilities ( I haven't been down that end so I'm not sure how much space there is). Perhaps sell off Chapel Rd., and find a larger area somewhere, even if it's out f town. 

Obviously bring in the necessary players for next season.

Increase the marketing team to really sell the advertising space we have, and the LED boards (These seem to be the cheaper version with less LED's which don't allow movement).

Buy back the North Stand and the land, when the above have been achieved, and then rebuild the Main Stand and the Chaddy, joining them together.

56 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

28 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Where wasit said he would be chairman? It was said he would stay around for a transitional period but don’t remember his job title being given 

I may have missed it, having been out of the country most of the time since the takeover was announced, but I don't think the club have made any public announcement about the nature of Corney's continuing role. Having said that, the website does list Lemsagam as the Owner and Corney as the Chairman.

It was rumoured that he wanted to retain a role at the club, in name at least, to satisfy his US Visa requirements, and I'm sure Moisley said something about Lemsagam wanting advice from him for a transitional period, so it's no surprise to see  him remaining on the board.

Given his absence from the scene when the takeover was announced though, I did  think that might be more of a ceremonial role, with him providing telephone advice  in return for his seat on the board. I was slightly surprised to see him in attendance on a freezing cold February night for a game against MK Dons.

32 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If AL has the cash then a new pitch and better training facilities that will attract good player must be top priority. Perhaps little Wembley could be covered providing indoor facilities ( I haven't been down that end so I'm not sure how much space there is). Perhaps sell off Chapel Rd., and find a larger area somewhere, even if it's out f town. 

Increase the marketing team to really sell the advertising space we have, and the LED boards (These seem to be the cheaper version with less LED's which don't allow movement).

Buy back the North Stand and the land, when the above have been achieved, and then rebuild the Main Stand and the Chaddy, joining them together.

Not much change out of 30 million for that little lot Al...

18 hours ago, johnafoafc said:

If I remember rightly that’s about the figure it cost last time a major overhaul on the pitch was undertaken, around 2001 or 2002? It was said at the time that the pitch would have a lifespan of around 10 years. The council footed the bill as they were the landlords at the time but I think they added this to the purchase price when brassbank arrived in town.  Since then (since the ten years elapsed) I think it’s just been a case of make do and mend

iirc werent blunts fans moaning that they had spent circa £750k on thier pitch last season to help their promotion push and ours was like a rice paddy 

3 hours ago, OldHallam said:

This this and this.... ridiculous when Dale, Latics, Bury are struggling with pitch condition. Traditional methods not working. 

I'm not sure trying to keep pitch with a life of ten years going for nearly twice as long counts as a traditional method 

58 minutes ago, bozman said:

It was rumoured that he wanted to retain a role at the club, in name at least, to satisfy his US Visa requirements, 

I'd love to know how having an interest in a two bit business in the north west of England helps get/retain a US visa

48 minutes ago, peanuts said:

iirc werent blunts fans moaning that they had spent circa £750k on thier pitch last season to help their promotion push and ours was like a rice paddy 

Yes, they’ve installed a desso hybrid pitch in the last few years so I’d guess the £750k figure is about right.

Sadly neither Latics nor a lot of other clubs in the lower leagues have that kind of money to spend on a pitch so the paddy fields are here to stay. Maybe it’s time the FA or Premier league helped lower division clubs out a bit to bring pitches up to scratch. It’s not like they’re short of cash.

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11730/11223449/abdallah-lemsagam-completes-oldham-takeover

Sky Sports News understands Corney, who has been the majority shareholder for 14 years, will stay as chairman during a transitional period.

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

........Perhaps sell off Chapel Rd., and find a larger area somewhere, even if it's out f town. 

Chapel Rd isn’ t ours to sell!

1 hour ago, johnafoafc said:

Yes, they’ve installed a desso hybrid pitch in the last few years so I’d guess the £750k figure is about right.

Sadly neither Latics nor a lot of other clubs in the lower leagues have that kind of money to spend on a pitch so the paddy fields are here to stay. Maybe it’s time the FA or Premier league helped lower division clubs out a bit to bring pitches up to scratch. It’s not like they’re short of cash.

Wasn't it said that some of the monies from the new TV deals would go towards grassroots football?:smoking:

If this thread has highlighted one thing it's how far backwards we have gone under the last regime, albeit not on the pitch itself. 

The club is in pieces on so many fronts. Not insurmountable but it's going to be a slow rebuilding process.

It ranges from physical infrastructure (pitch, training facilities) to our reputation and presence in the town, how we are viewed by the business community which once supported the club and the relationship between fans and club. 

Lots to do. It won't all happen at once.