Priorities?

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

It's not good.

I’m concerned. 

For three sponsors to cut ties and a director to walk it must be something pretty bad. Even administration wouldn’t necessarily trigger that backlash, if it was unavoidable.

So what is happening?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crusoe said:

I’m concerned. 

For three sponsors to cut ties and a director to walk it must be something pretty bad. Even administration wouldn’t necessarily trigger that backlash, if it was unavoidable.

So what is happening?

I think you'd find that all directors would walk involuntarily if admin arose.  Where is it reported that Mr Owen has gone?

Just now, Dave_Og said:

I think you'd find that all directors would walk involuntarily if admin arose.  Where is it reported that Mr Owen has gone?

Saw a tweet from one of the sponsors being quoted. Admittedly haven’t verified it. The mention of legal action from a sponsor is another red flag.

Just now, Crusoe said:

Saw a tweet from one of the sponsors being quoted. Admittedly haven’t verified it. The mention of legal action from a sponsor is another red flag.

Saw the tweet re OVS pulling out but nothing else.

By the way, bit historic but did anyone on here take  up this opportunity?  Do You Want To Soak Director Barry Owen? - News - Oldham Athletic

2 minutes ago, disjointed said:

So let me get this right, Shitpeas is no longer on the board at OAFC? Also a sponsor/sponsors is taking legal action against the club?

As far as I can work out, and I may very well not be right, the main sponsor has left with immediate effect and is taking legal action including against abhorrent allegations

The sponsor of the tunnel has already walked

The sponsor of which BO is a Director has walked

BO has resigned as a director of the club  in support of a sponsor or sponsors

Soap opera

Looking at this more objectively we all know it would have to take something pretty major for Barry to walk away or even be pushed as he seems to like being on the board of directors this looks abit different to the usual sackings that have been going on and imply something far worse than what we have seen in the past few years. 

My spidey senses are telling me that the shit is really hitting the fan here and the walls are closing in fast.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looking at this more objectively we all know it would have to take something pretty major for Barry to walk away or even be pushed as he seems to like being on the board of directors this looks abit different to the usual sackings that have been going on and imply something far worse than what we have seen in the past few years. 

My spidey senses are telling me that the shit is really hitting the fan here and the walls are closing in fast.

That was exactly my thoughts too

very glad he’s gone but at what cost? 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

That was exactly my thoughts too

very glad he’s gone but at what cost? 

Let's not forget btw tomorrow is April the first either this could be part of the most elaborate April fools joke of all time.

Infact it would be amazing banter if we were to announce we were in administration on April the 1st and fucking mean it.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 3

Just now, GlossopLatic said:

Let's not forget btw tomorrow is April the first either this is part of the most elaborate April fools joke of all time.

Infact it would be amazing banter if we were to announce we were in administration on April the 1st and fucking mean it.

I remember when they did that under Corney one year - didn’t go down well 🤣

Of course there is another possible motive to Barry leaving at his request or otherwise - get away from the mess and be available to swoop in with his “experience” if we get new owners 

1 minute ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I remember when they did that under Corney one year - didn’t go down well 🤣

Of course there is another possible motive to Barry leaving at his request or otherwise - get away from the mess and be available to swoop in with his “experience” if we get new owners 

Well I wouldn't put it past him he is the opportunistic type that said if they take him on it would say more about them than anything.

• Like 1