Southend (H)

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

What’s bang out of order? 

Well quite a lot to be honest, no mention of a pitch inspection whatsoever? Late call off, as I mentioned a fair few Southend fans are already here! There’s also about 10 amateur games currently ongoing on Clayton Fields. 

I remember when (I think it was) Hartlepool did it a few years ago, we (myself included) were pissed off about how late they decided it was off. 

No thought for the fans who have had a 4 hour journey up this morning.

Just now, daniel said:

Well quite a lot to be honest, no mention of a pitch inspection whatsoever? What difference would that have made? Sure Southend fans would have had to set off way before a reasonable time to assess the pitch.

Late call off, as I mentioned a fair few Southend fans are already here!

As is their choice to get here early. There’s also about 10 amateur games currently ongoing on Clayton Fields. completely irrelevant 

I remember when (I think it was) Hartlepool did it a few years ago, we (myself included) were pissed off about how late they decided it was off. Awww

No thought for the fans who have had a 4 hour journey up this morning. I'm sure they thought about that. Then the ref (because it's he who called it off) thought about the safety of the players. 

5 minutes ago, daniel said:

Well quite a lot to be honest, no mention of a pitch inspection whatsoever? Late call off, as I mentioned a fair few Southend fans are already here! There’s also about 10 amateur games currently ongoing on Clayton Fields. 

I remember when (I think it was) Hartlepool did it a few years ago, we (myself included) were pissed off about how late they decided it was off. 

No thought for the fans who have had a 4 hour journey up this morning.

Clayton can be defrosted by the sun, the stands cast shadow on the pitch. Not a fair comparison.

On the positive side, we win on Tuesdays and another game Doyle might be available for. Personally gutted, I was really looking forward to today.

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I’m not stupid enough to think that we ourselves called the game off, I know it is the referee’s decision. If the pitch is frozen, it’s frozen, however it should have been called off earlier. Infact, I think it’s one of the 1st times we haven’t announced things like a pitch inspection, and in previous years we have called games off much earlier. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Clayton can be defrosted by the sun, the stands cast shadow on the pitch. Not a fair comparison.

On the positive side, we win on Tuesdays and another game Doyle might be available for. Personally gutted, I was really looking forward to today.

You are not the only one Mikey. I have for the first time decided to become proactive and set up the TV to come on at 12:50 am and connect directly to the internet. Taken me all day to figure it out!

Fekkin boo!

3 minutes ago, daniel said:

I’m not stupid enough to think that we ourselves called the game off, I know it is the referee’s decision. If the pitch is frozen, it’s frozen, however it should have been called off earlier. Infact, I think it’s one of the 1st times we haven’t announced things like a pitch inspection, and in previous years we have called games off much earlier. 

Email the FA with your complaint 

4 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

Would it not be pertinant to double cover the pitch in the shade and leave the rest open for the sun to work its magic.

Alot of big clubs have these big heaters that they can roll onto the pitch and use on the pitch to thaw it out and stop it from freezing. We probably cant afford them but if we could they would be a sound investment for pitch maintainence. We do lose more games than most to the weather.

Edited by GlossopLatic

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Alot of big clubs have these big heaters that they can roll onto the pitch and use on the pitch to thaw it out and stop it from freezing. We probably cant afford them but if we could they would be a sound investment for pitch maintainence. We do lose more games than most to the weather.

Sure we could hire some heat lamps from city??