Southend (H)

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

As jorvik has said above. If it was on sly they'd probably spend money that we couldn't. You have zero argument. The weather is what it is. Our finances are what they are

What about the lost revenue and expenses of not getting the match on?

You dont seem to have much faith in AL providing much money toward the running of the club.

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You dont seem to have much faith in AL providing much money toward the running of the club.

You know as well as I do BP, that getting games on 30 years ago or even further back wasn't a problem. Nowadays the powers that be are to worried about getting sued if they make a decision that might be debatable.

Much easier to call the game off as there are no worries about legal action. The worlds gone mad.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

You need to hop in a Dolorean back to the days when assistant managers didn't have clipboards, men set fire to barrels to thaw ice and ruined a bad pitch even further, health and safety didn't dictate referees decisions to allow games to go ahead and you'd be much happier. It is what it is.

And who knows what money AL plans to pump into the club? Not me, not you. Maybe he will spunk a million on an unbelievable pitch next season and see fit to have all this modern equipment to thaw it. Nobody knows. 

At the moment it is what it is. We don't have the equipment. The weather was extremely cold. The pitch wasn't playable

• Like 1

The one thing the club could have done for little to no money was inform people a lot earlier, maybe even a day before, that the pitch was frozen and would possibly need an inspection. From what I am led to believe the pitch has been frozen in that area of shade for 3 days.

7 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

The one thing the club could have done for little to no money was inform people a lot earlier, maybe even a day before, that the pitch was frozen and would possibly need an inspection. From what I am led to believe the pitch has been frozen in that area of shade for 3 days.

People would still have travelled including their team

28 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

People would still have travelled including their team

Indeed, but they could have been made aware and then check the constantly updated website  .... which was not updated even though Oldham was aware of the problems.

I, like you, understand the difficulty and the cost of being able to prevent the problem but the lack of communication was amateurish at best and arguably contemptable.