Bury (A)

7 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Remember when we didn't constantly want/need smoke blowing up our arses as fans?

I reckon it wasn't even that long ago, 3 or 4 years maybe..

A very recent phenomenon that's getting worse and worse at a rapid pace.

Does my head in when Wellens (and Shez before him) is asked "and what about the fans...?" on Ifollow before & after EVERY FUCKING GAME. 

I love being part of a big, loud away following as much as anybody but this constant, relentless self back patting is starting to do my fucking head in.

'Morning all.... :lol:

This. Makes me cringe. Weirdos acting as if other clubs don’t take decent followings. 

‘Best fans in the country’ was the weirdest statement I’ve heard to date. Stick to just turning up and putting a decent atmosphere on rather than speaking it up all week.

Think Blackburn got a few of the younger ones giddy.

8 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

This. Makes me cringe. Weirdos acting as if other clubs don’t take decent followings. 

Blackburn          1,753
Portsmouth          1,676
Rotherham          1,153
Bradford          1,134
Oxford             952
Wigan             946
Plymouth             914
Bristol Rovers             869
Charlton             737
LATICS             691
Doncaster             680
Northampton             677
Shrewsbury             668
Peterborough             654
Southend             601
Scunthorpe             508
AFC Wimbledon             490
Blackpool             475
Bury             473
Gillingham             386
Rochdale             383
MK Dons             369
Walsall             343
Fleetwood             155

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Blackburn          1,753
Rotherham          1,153
Bradford          1,134
Oxford             952
Wigan             946
Plymouth             914
Charlton             737
LATICS             691
Southend             601
Bury             473
Rochdale             383
MK Dons             369
Walsall             343

Bit disappointed really. Was hoping we would at least make the playoffs ?

Edited by simplythemostimportantkick

41 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

We took well over 3,000 to Dale when LJ was manager.....

We were 6th? Not 6th bottom.

I know a few who are not going for various reasons. I'd wager they'd be there if we were in the play offs. People find the money when we are doing well...  for example Im not going to Wigan. Im working. If we had a shot of the play offs, Id not have volunteered.

2 minutes ago, pukka said:

We were 6th? Not 6th bottom.

I know a few who are not going for various reasons. I'd wager they'd be there if we were in the play offs. People find the money when we are doing well...  for example Im not going to Wigan. Im working. If we had a shot of the play offs, Id not have volunteered.

Out of interest, the Plastics took 2,367 to B@stard last weekend, in a top of the table clash. We took 2,297 from the relegation zone.....

We took 2,097 to Noblot last year when SR was was in charge and we only had a shot every 4th game......

....I know we hadn't played at either ground for a while, but they're good numbers all things considered!

16 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Out of interest, the Plastics took 2,367 to B@stard last weekend, in a top of the table clash. We took 2,297 from the relegation zone.....

We took 2,097 to Noblot last year when SR was was in charge and we only had a shot every 4th game......

....I know we hadn't played at either ground for a while, but they're good numbers all things considered!

I wonder if Bastards altered the number of our fans because of the number of seats in our section. 

Wigan were given the top tier which they barely used but had less seats in the bottom tier. 

Having said that Plymouth brought more to ISZ than we took to their place, despite us singing you won't bring this to Boundary Park. 

15 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Wigan vs Blackburn was on TV so hardly comparable.

We do well away from home, but it's nothing that special. Grimsby take similar numbers.

This obsession some fans have, as if we are taking more than anyone else, is just plain weird.

I agree that those select few on Twitter that come out with the classic ‘best fans in the country’ are indeed talking bollocks.

Theres a few teams in the league that travel better, such as Bristol Rovers & Plymouth, Oxford to an extent, and that’s before you get onto Pompey, Blackburn, Wigan & Bradford.

Plymouth’s is extremely impressive, given every game is a bit of trek.

58 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I agree that those select few on Twitter that come out with the classic ‘best fans in the country’ are indeed talking bollocks.

Theres a few teams in the league that travel better, such as Bristol Rovers & Plymouth, Oxford to an extent, and that’s before you get onto Pompey, Blackburn, Wigan & Bradford.

Plymouth’s is extremely impressive, given every game is a bit of trek.

Plymouth have a lot of supporters who no longer live in Devon, who boost their away numbers without attending all the homes.

3 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Blackburn          1,753
Rotherham          1,153
Bradford          1,134
Oxford             952
Wigan             946
Plymouth             914
Charlton             737
LATICS             691
Southend             601
Bury             473
Rochdale             383
MK Dons             369
Walsall             343

I am not saying we have the best fans or support in the country but I think our support deserves quite a bit of credit and it does get credit from other clubs off what I've seen over the past few years.

There are many different factors that make up what an away following will be. Reasons such as how well the team is doing, whether the club has had any recent success, whether you are good away from home, whether you are entertaining as a footballing side, whether it is a new ground or a ground you haven't played at for many years, the list goes on.

What I will say is that for how consistently poor the team has been for the last 6/7 seasons at least with the exception of a couple of months here and there we do quite well for support.

Just look at the figures above provided. Blackburn are top, they are also top of the league and most grounds will be new grounds for many Rovers supporters. Portsmouth have a good support, Rotherham's isn't bad but again they are doing well. Wigan's for how well they have been doing is pretty poor.

Now, of course you have to take into account home support too, Blackburn, Wigan, Portsmouth all get 3,4 sometimes 5x our home crowds. 

These stats also are before we play Bury, Rochdale and Wigan away. Northampton we will have a decent following too especially if it means something. 

Also think about this, how many of those teams would have similar away support having played in League One and finishing between 15th and 19th for the last 7 seasons playing virtually the same teams year in year out, hazard a guess not many. 

For what it's worth I am pleasantly surprised we have sold 2200 for the Bury game and do think it is a good support. Also, I don't go on twitter saying how great our support is and also believe it is tedious and cringeworthy keep asking managers and players on ifollow about our support before and after every game!

Plymouth have fuck all else to do. They may aswell travel away... closest club/competition for their support is 50 miles away.

Within 50 miles of us we have City, United, Liverpool, Everton, Leeds, Huddersfield and the list goes on and on and on.

I’m up for Bury on Sat; but I’m sick of seeing numbers. Just wanna enjoy the day for what it hopefully will be... oh and it’s my 21st so they best pull their finger out and gat the win!!!

8 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

These stats also are before we play Bury, Rochdale and Wigan away. Northampton we will have a decent following too especially if it means something. 

The stats on which you based your excellent opinion are from January so our total also needs blackburn (and scunthorpe) taking into account.

I’m terrible at maths but I would think that if our average isn’t currently 1000+ then it will be by sunday.