Bury (A)

19 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Leave them in the car. Open the window a little and leave a bowl of water there, I'm sure they'll be fine for 90 mins. 

Get a taxi, get dropped off at the ground and get it to do laps of Bury until the match is over and get picked up at the ground

• Like 1

13 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

This might seem a bit strange but thought it might be worth an ask. I live in Bury, ten mins walk from Gigg lane. Gutted that my missus is working till 4pm on Saturday, so I will have to look after kids. (Youngest not old enough yet to go) Does anyone know what time the gates at football matches are opened to let early leavers out and what would be the chances of me sneaking in ? If they are opened and there was at least 10 mins left I’d be tempted to have a walk over , dependant on the score anyway. 

It’s quite common in non-league, and given it won’t be long before they’re there....

14 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

This might seem a bit strange but thought it might be worth an ask. I live in Bury, ten mins walk from Gigg lane. Gutted that my missus is working till 4pm on Saturday, so I will have to look after kids. (Youngest not old enough yet to go) Does anyone know what time the gates at football matches are opened to let early leavers out and what would be the chances of me sneaking in ? If they are opened and there was at least 10 mins left I’d be tempted to have a walk over , dependant on the score anyway. 

Facetime them, or the facebook thing, whilst you are at the match. Sorted. :wink:

13 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

How's everyone getting there? Was planning on Manchester for a few pints and jump on the tram but I think Manchester-Bury is a replacement bus service on Saturday.

If no other way then 409 to rochdale and then bus to bury 

18 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

How's everyone getting there? Was planning on Manchester for a few pints and jump on the tram but I think Manchester-Bury is a replacement bus service on Saturday.

Where’ve you seen this, mate? Was planning on getting the tram from Piccadilly.

20 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

Is this confirmed? Fuck sake.

17 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Great if you have got about 1 and a half hours to kill.

Even longer if the buses don't turn up, which they are prone to do on a Saturday. 

Anyone going by bus via Rochdale needs to catch the 471 from Rochdale (goes to Bolton). If going straight the ground better to get off before the bus reaches the Bury Interchange, at the nearest stop to Heywood Street. 

As indicated going on the bus via Middleton from Oldham will take longer than going via Rochdale. 

Those going via Manchester might be better off getting the 135 bus rather than the Met, as the 135 is pretty direct and stops by the ground.