Bury (A)

It would be a big advantage to us if we had both ends of the ground attacking our own fans for 90 minutes, who will no doubt make more noise will basically turn this into a home game for us.

Bury are not in a position to turn us all away either as this will no doubt easily sell out.

Edited by GlossopLatic

54 minutes ago, pukka said:

Mick Fletcher. Tranmere away 1st Sept 2001.

BASTARD,

I was watching an old Merseyside derby rerun the other day. Rather than "the referee's a wanker" they were singing "you're a bastard, you're a bastard, you're a baaaastard referee" to the "build a bonfire" tune.

Sounded bloody brilliant. Hopefully we'll have no need to revive it though!

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

The 163 now avoids the bottom of Hollin Lane. It takes it chance doing a circular of the ponderosa (ask your parents), after a quick run through Heywood (the less time spent there the better), it meanders through Darn Hill for an eternity. Nostalgia aint all its cracked up to be.

I'm from Heywood and I endorse this message. 

5 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

Sorry, a bit off topic but forgive me as a southern exile!

I'm from Middleton, went to school in Bury and used to get the 163 from the bottom of Hollin Lane (early 70s, a lifetime ago!). Back then it only used to take about 20 minutes to Heywood (straight up Hollin Lane and on to Heywood) but I had to change to another bus in Heywood (can't remember the number). Even so the whole journey wasn't more than an hour, I think, even on Saturdays when I made the trek to play football for the school team. Sounds like the 163 carries on to Bury now, albeit very slowly?

Apologies for being an anorak but nostalgia got the better of me. Somebody mentioned the Two Tubs in Bury earlier, glad to hear that's still going, was a great pub back then. We used to nip in in the 6th form if we had a convenient free period! Hope none of my teachers are reading this.........

Two Tubs is definitely still going. 

Think you probably changed to the 164. That used to skip Darn Hill but go round Langley. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

It would be a big advantage to us if we had both ends of the ground attacking our own fans for 90 minutes, who will no doubt make more noise will basically turn this into a home game for us.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

With the exception of Peterborough, last 20 minutes, at home a few years ago all away games within 80 miles are noisier than home games.

Most of our squad are in for a real eye opener of noise on Saturday. It's going to be awesome.

Edited by mikeroyboy
double post

3 hours ago, Magic Mikey said:

The mighty Roger Milford and his lovely stoppage time at Southampton just creeps into your time frame. Who could forget him and his flowing locks?

Didn't Milford once get in the way of an opposition clearance which then dropped at the feet of one of ours leading to a chant of 'Ooh Roger MIlford..'?

1 hour ago, mikeroyboy said:

With the exception of Peterborough, last 20 minutes, at home a few years ago all away games within 80 miles are noisier than home games.

Most of our squad are in for a real eye opener of noise on Saturday. It's going to be awesome.

I know but the point Im making is that having fans at both ends is more of an advantage rather than having them at both sides.

It wont be that much of an eye opener as they will have seen over 2K at Blackburn a couple of weeks ago however it will give them a huge lift at kick off when they walkout and they see upto 3000 Latics fans spread across 2 stands.

Edited by GlossopLatic