Bury (A)

2 minutes ago, manshaw said:

Think you are on the wrong thread pal!

Sorry. To be clear;

Can anybody recommend any pubs in Bury, preferably near Gigg Lane which will be televising the 12:30 kick off on Saturday between Manchester United and Liverpool? 

5 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Can anyone recommend any pubs which will be showing Man Utd v Liverpool?

There's a couple of Spoons, plus a Yates', and Wyldes all within 5 minutes walk of the bus station. All should have the United game on. 

30 minutes ago, PlayItLivo said:

Sorry. To be clear;

Can anybody recommend any pubs in Bury, preferably near Gigg Lane which will be televising the 12:30 kick off on Saturday between Manchester United and Liverpool? 

It will likely be on in the knowsley, across the road from bus station

this is where the "hooligans" hang out as i think its the only place they're not barred from... not that any of them are old enough to drink

Just now, Ryan said:

I swear the article yesterday said they’d sent us a further 300 for behind the other goal as well as POTD. Have we sold all of this too or was I dreaming?

I presume they haven't bothered - if its pay on the day in that stand, why buy a ticket? There are 1600 behind that goal - we wont be selling all of those 

31 minutes ago, cmr said:

It will likely be on in the knowsley, across the road from bus station

this is where the "hooligans" hang out as i think its the only place they're not barred from... not that any of them are old enough to drink

That is the first pub I ever got served in. Happy times.

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Might go in the quieter less populated end and enjoy our away support from another perspective.

If the 2200 are already sold then you won’t get the choice will you ? At the last match I payed in the Bury end then told the stewards I’m an Oldham fan and they walked us through. ?

38 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

U mean you got drinks or you talking like Danny Dyer ? As in i got served by these Mugs on their fackin manor !

When I was in there after the game I asked what did they think of the game, they looked at me like I was speaking swahili with 2 heads. I said I was Oldham but lived in Bury most of my life and was just looking for their take on it, they said we'll let you off because you live here.... a minute later some kid ran in saying theres some Oldham down the road and the lot of them piled out the door... bizarre

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

I swear the article yesterday said they’d sent us a further 300 for behind the other goal as well as POTD. Have we sold all of this too or was I dreaming?

Oldham Athletic Ticket Office @OAFCTktOffice 13h13 hours ago

We will confirm the options available for any supporters without tickets as soon as they are known.

Surely we can make it to 2.5k? Or even 3k. What an effort already. Fans really will be a massive bonus to the lads if we turn up loud and proud on Saturday. We have been the difference before, let’s make sure we bring them 3 points Home. 

Edited by adamoafc

16 hours ago, mikeroyboy said:

With the exception of Peterborough, last 20 minutes, at home a few years ago all away games within 80 miles are noisier than home games.

Most of our squad are in for a real eye opener of noise on Saturday. It's going to be awesome.

You might be right...although the last time we filled the Manchester Road End, we were very uncharacteristically quiet in the 1st half. I think it was nerves of the situation...at half time I was on one coz I was fuming at how quiet we'd been. Had a bit of a barney with a couple of fans (people I know from away coaches etc.) who normally sing but were being quiet. I'd had a few scoops obviously and was desperate for us to raise the roof in such a big game. 2nd half was much better and when Smith scored it all went off. Wall of noise after that. This time though...the atmosphere should be as awesome as it was at Ewood Park.

Edited by boundaryblue80

24 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

There may be no more tickets made available for this one which on the face of it is stupid given the problems we've had with our fans in the home ends at Gigg Lane in the past.

No -that tweet Diego quotes is from last night. The club have now said it's pay on the day now in the opposite side. That was them confirming the options

EDIT - The club have now deleted that and it's not on the website

Edited by pukka

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

They’ve deleted stuff and edited some of the articles on the website. Very odd.

Got to guess that either the Police or Bury are not 100% happy with giving us both ends.

6 minutes ago, pukka said:

Got to guess that either the Police or Bury are not 100% happy with giving us both ends.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. Obviously it’s guesswork but it’s very strange that they’re editing stuff. There will be some seriously pissed off people if they don’t give us another section with POTD after advertising as such.