18 hours ago, Twisbrogan said:

If we were to appoint a new manager today, I would expect him to be fired for failing to get enough points from these four games.

I've read some nonsense on here but this is the fucking daddy :lol::lol:

So an incoming manager with 4 games to oversee and who would probably want to gut the side and make many changes would be given the chop after 4 games. Wouldn't like to be in the trenches with you :chubb:

15 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

How the fuck are you privy to such confidential information ? Thanks In advance as  really interested to know how ?? 

I'm privvy coz I know one of the sponsors who's very good mates with Richie. It was £600 we offered him. He wanted £1000 and got it elsewhere. Can't fault him. Tbh though (and this isn't aimed at you) people slagging off Wellens for his moves as a player in the same breath as their slagging him as a manager (as tho it should be linked) really are a sad set of bellends. IMO, of course.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

After 21 seasons and 15 different managers in league 1 I've come to the conclusion that its not all the managers fault.

I've also come to the conclusion that people have selected memories about the past

You're not a fast learner, I take it? :wink:

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Who are these man managers rather than text book coaches..can you name any ? 

My point was that regardless of man managers v text book coaches ( to use your phrases), there are still those who are successful .  There isn’t a standard mark that if it’s not met then a manager can’t be successful. It’s purely down to being top of the pile at the end of the season. 

Edited by LaticsPete

21 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

I've read some nonsense on here but this is the fucking daddy :lol::lol:

So an incoming manager with 4 games to oversee and who would probably want to gut the side and make many changes would be given the chop after 4 games. 

Absolutely. Given the fixtures left and the players available (not sure why you assume they'd want to 'gut' the side), it'd be a failure not to see us safe.

2 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Absolutely. Given the fixtures left and the players available (not sure why you assume they'd want to 'gut' the side), it'd be a failure not to see us safe.

Players available??? So 2nd top scorer Davies injured (not fully fit if returns tomorrow), Gerrard playing when clearly still carrying an injury, Miombe (our best player since January) suspended, Bryan (one of the players of the season) out for the season. That's before we talk about others injured like McLaughlin, Wilson and Dummigan. The players available are either missing some huge key players from the season so far or are playing half injured. Beggars belief this needs explaining. 

2 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Players available??? So 2nd top scorer Davies injured (not fully fit if returns tomorrow), Gerrard playing when clearly still carrying an injury, Miombe (our best player since January) suspended, Bryan (one of the players of the season) out for the season. That's before we talk about others injured like McLaughlin, Wilson and Dummigan. The players available are either missing some huge key players from the season so far or are playing half injured. Beggars belief this needs explaining. 

Stop peddling this myth. We've looked a lot more solid since he’s been out, only conceding a penalty and off a corner, with a makeshift defence that has included the inexperienced Edmundson and Hamer. 

I rate him him as a player, and would like to see him start at CDM instead of Fane, but he’s been average at best as a CB. 

45 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Players available??? So 2nd top scorer Davies injured (not fully fit if returns tomorrow), Gerrard playing when clearly still carrying an injury, Miombe (our best player since January) suspended, Bryan (one of the players of the season) out for the season. That's before we talk about others injured like McLaughlin, Wilson and Dummigan. The players available are either missing some huge key players from the season so far or are playing half injured. 

Yes, the players available (not sure why the players unavailable have been listed but never mind) should be more than enough to get a minimum of 6 points from the games we have left and not doing so from this point would be a failure.

2 hours ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Saw Kean Bryan just in front of me walking up the road with his pals to Spotland. If he’s out for the season do we think this could be a signal that he might sign for us next season ? Or am I getting my hopes up for nothing ? 

6 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Saw Kean Bryan just in front of me walking up the road with his pals to Spotland. If he’s out for the season do we think this could be a signal that he might sign for us next season ? Or am I getting my hopes up for nothing ? 

Here he is at the match.

IMG-20180418-WA0005.jpg

Huge test of Wellens management ability today. 

Need everyone on it 100%, the right line up and spot on tactics. 

Went there earlier this season with a Rotherham supporting mate and Wimbledon outplayed them knocking the ball around really well. 

Looks like a full house with another amazing away support so no more excuses... 

So we now know who the next manager is going to be. Wow this has been kept very secret. Read this morning that Wenger is looking for a new challenge after Arsenal. Didn’t realise it could be us. Hehe. NOT in a million years. 

8 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

So we now know who the next manager is going to be. Wow this has been kept very secret. Read this morning that Wenger is looking for a new challenge after Arsenal. Didn’t realise it could be us. Hehe. NOT in a million years. 

PSG or us would be a very tough choice to make, imagine how torn he'd be....

On 18/04/2018 at 2:05 PM, palmer1 said:

We had a good run of form, we are now in a not so great run of form. That's football!

Form since the start of February really isn't that bad... 18 points from 12 league games; only 2 defeats. Replicate that over the season and that's 69 points. Though admittedly performances haven't been anywhere near the levels when Wellens first took over.

I think it'd be very unfair to sack him if we stayed up, especially given where we started from.