10 minutes ago, philliggi said:

46 points wouldn't keep you up over the course of a season. Draws without wins are useless

Correct Philli ......won't be renewing my S/t.....just picking my games.....shame really after 63 years of support .

Not a knee jerk reaction as I’ve been saying it for weeks but he needs to go.

Be daft to get rid now but if we stay up or go down we need a proper manager who knows how to make brave team selections and gel a side. These lot still look like they don’t have a clue how to play together and there’s only 4 fucking games left!

Nazon only plays for himself. Don’t think he understands the concept of passing a football to a team mate. It’s no wonder Doyle is getting no service when he has to stand and watch this lad try (fail) to take on an entire defence on his own.

Holloway and Doyle from now on unless Davies gets fit but doesn’t look likely.

Don’t get me started on the midfield! It’s not been working for MONTHS. Fucking change it Wellens!! Omrani, Mouche, Nepomuceno and Benyu all seemingly frozen out (the latter 2 on the bench tonight I know) and can’t get a sniff when this midfield just isn’t doing the business is a disgrace. How can you justify sticking with the same lot? It’s beyond me.

After his first 10 or so games I was all for Wellens but since the honeymoon period finished it’s been absolute wank.

Change needed.

27 minutes ago, pk200 said:

Correct Philli ......won't be renewing my S/t.....just picking my games.....shame really after 63 years of support .

May be now and then. If Maccs fixtures clash its 6 miles round trip  v 60 miles  and at 72 yrs old every mile counts.

9 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Just think he has lost his bottle a little bit which is understandable, we've had it before with Johnson.

Byrne’s come out and said that ‘neck is killing me’ presumably in reference to our hoof ball tactics. The lad was very poor tonight for me, however it doesn’t look too good for Wellens when one of the side’s best players comes out with that. Especially when it’s one he’s singled out publicly before

I’ll get behind him if he continues on as manager into next season, but I don’t think he’ll be given the opportunity given how poorly we’ve utilised some of the best players we’ve had in years. It’s hardly that damning of Wellens that an experienced manager like Hill has outdone him like that in a big game, but it was blindingly obvious which manager was able to focus his players to execute a plan in a big match

Edited by NewBlue

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Byrne’s come out and said that ‘neck is killing me’ presumably in reference to our hoof ball tactics

The lad was very poor tonight for me, however it doesn’t look too good for Wellens when one of the side’s best players comes out with that. Especially when it’s one he’s singled out publicly before

I’ll get behind him if he continues on as manager into next season, but I don’t think he’ll be given the opportunity given how poorly we’ve utilised some of the best players we’ve had in years. It’s hardly that damning of Wellens that an experienced manager like Hill has outdone him like that in a big game, but it was blindingly obvious which manager was able to focus his players to execute a plan in a big match

I wasn't massively impressed by them to be honest, it was all a bit hit it up to Andrew and hope it sticks.

4 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Byrne’s come out and said that ‘neck is killing me’ presumably in reference to our hoof ball tactics

The lad was very poor tonight for me, however it doesn’t look too good for Wellens when one of the side’s best players comes out with that. Especially when it’s one he’s singled out publicly before

Rochdale were also very direct tonight- granted it seemed to be more of a 'planned onslaught but still lots of hoof!

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I wasn't massively impressed by them to be honest, it was all a bit hit it up to Andrew and hope it sticks.

They looked a far more incisive team than us and they can mix it up. I’d imagine the absence of Henderson meant they had to adapt.

It was a mistake to not go with Holloway from the off. Nazon was dire tonight.

2 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

They looked a far more incisive team than us and they can mix it up. I’d imagine the absence of Henderson meant they had to adapt.

Got to start with Holloway can hold it up and allow midfield to make runs beyond & also get flick ons so Doyle get something to work on, not a time to be pretty percentage football as Shez did to save us but we should of been doing it earlier but we thought we were to good to go down.

Bring Nazon on later in the game when teams are tired so he can run at them if we need to gamble.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Dropping the player who has scored the team’s last 2 goals takes a lot of bottle.

Nazon was asked to do a job down our left hand side tonight, he did some of it to a decent level, but other bits, like you say he was dire. If we are playing 4-2-3-1 I’d like to see Nazon as the 1. That I think would suit his game, but it means dropping Doyle., which also takes a lot of bottle.

Wellens has some tough decisions over the next few weeks.

30 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Byrne’s come out and said that ‘neck is killing me’ presumably in reference to our hoof ball tactics. The lad was very poor tonight for me, however it doesn’t look too good for Wellens when one of the side’s best players comes out with that. Especially when it’s one he’s singled out publicly before

When he did get the ball Byrne did nothing with it, didn't put a tackle in and was rightly subbed. 

RW must be very frustrated with him. 

The midfield is a real problem now with only Fane and Gardner certain starters and Gardner must be near burn out covering for his ineffective team mates. 

It's no coincidence these two are picking up regular bookings having to put in so many last ditch tackles. 

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

When he did get the ball Byrne did nothing with it, didn't put a tackle in and was rightly subbed. 

RW must be very frustrated with him. 

The midfield is a real problem now with only Fane and Gardner certain starters and Gardner must be near burn out covering for his ineffective team mates. 

It's no coincidence these two are picking up regular bookings having to put in so many last ditch tackles. 

Yet Mouche and Omrani can’t even make the squad despite both having played at a much higher level than both Gardner and Fane...

10 hours ago, latics22 said:

Wellens biggest problem is he won’t change his formation or tactics, if u can call them tactics. The opposition know who’s starting they even know who coming on and what minute he will make the subs. It’s the same every week!

He's like a rabbit caught in headlights.  Fear has well and truly set in and he is afraid to set up anything other than defence mode.

I just hope MkDons and Walsall blow up and Northampton do not stage a recover (scored 3 at weekend).  For certain Rochdale are not going down.

Bryne's a little gobsh**** thinks he's better than he is. Unless the balls at his feet he's doesn't want to know. Backs out of tackles all the time and doesn't track runners. 

We were rubbish last night have been for weeks. How Wellens thinks we are going to score or even hold the ball up top with Doyle and Nazon is beyond barmy. It's not worked for the last  4 games and no sign of it clicking. Holloway should have started last night or at the very least been the 1st sub. 

20 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

He's like a rabbit caught in headlights.  Fear has well and truly set in and he is afraid to set up anything other than defence mode.

I just hope MkDons and Walsall blow up and Northampton do not stage a recover (scored 3 at weekend).  For certain Rochdale are not going down.

If MK Dons manage to win all 4 games and Northampton all their 3 they will both deserve to stay up-wont happen.

Us and Dale need simply to overtake Walsall or Oxford-simples.

Maybe Wimbledon might be the one that blow up?

Our Goal difference is the major worry now-it might take us down

Edited by ChaddySmoker