Northampton

From a Northampton review on their site off a Bratfurd fan from last season...

"What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the Sixfields Stadium?

I'm not very keen on these out of town stadiums. My only lasting impression of Northampton's ground is if you ever played them on the last day of the season and needed three points to win the title and only got 1000 tickets 8000 could still stand outside for free and see three quarters of the pitch!"

Tailor made review for us that!!

30 minutes ago, futchers briefs said:

"What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the Sixfields Stadium?

I'm not very keen on these out of town stadiums. My only lasting impression of Northampton's ground is if you ever played them on the last day of the season and needed three points to win the title and only got 1000 tickets 8000 could still stand outside for free and see three quarters of the pitch!"

With a pint in hand from the spoons located just yards behind.

9 hours ago, futchers briefs said:

It’s actually very tempting to make the most of watching the match with a few cans and freedom from being herded around by plod

Northampton fan reckons we’ll be given the full 1400 although I remain sceptical.

Initial allocation is normally 900 which is the end behind the goal, and the side bit if also allocated pushes that up to 1400. 

Says they’ve only limited away fans to 900 on 2 occasions in recent times - United in the cup and Luton for their title win.

Fascinating prospect.  If Northampton win on Saturday against Walsall we could still finish above them by just winning the last game of the season against them.  So although it is in our own hands if Rochdale or Walsall stumble on the final day could be a real nail biter.

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I've checked now and I'm right. I think.

We'd be on 54, Dale would only be able to get 53. 

People on here always get hung up on what total we need.

The last time a side went down with more than 51 points in this league, we weren't even in it.