Northampton

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

Who to blame?  Corney no he always kept us in league one. The players well obviously but who organised trained and picked them. Wellens & Terry well a bit - says a lot when manager and coach watch a relegation battle with hands in their pockets ie nothing to do with me. Abdallah?  Well sadly for us he is to blame because he has divided and upset the players interfering in selection and transfers. He may be a successful football agent but he is a second rate amateur as an owner.  Wellens and Terry can’t wait to go on holiday and put him behind them. As I sit on a train drinking beer brewed in Macclesfield I can’t help but think we will watch them pass by as we sink out of the football league. Bargain buy that season ticket!

Bringing on the weak Benyu and Davies who has been awful recently was the writing on the wall.

Tope isn't a great favourite, but at least he"d have run at their defence with some passion.

9 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Corney no he always kept us in league one. 

The new guy only took over in January...  I don't think Corney can say "he kept us in League One" given what has just happened and everything leading up to today.

It’s an awful day. But as others have said, it’s been coming. We didn’t deserve to stay up, truth be told.

Currently, I have two thoughts. First, while this is terrible, we have to stay positive. Look at the roll call of clubs in years gone by who’ve fallen into the fourth tier but bounced back. Wolves, Bournemouth to name just a couple. We do not have to be Chesterfield or Tranmere.

Second, keep a sense of perspective. On the day we finally fell out of L1 Alex Ferguson suffered a brain haemorrhage. The guy who scored for Rochdale has beaten cancer twice. At the end of the day there are more important things than football.

• Like 1

This for me.

Disastrous day. Absolutely disastrous.

Can't get as often as I'd like to for numerous reasons, and I totally admire those who go week in, week out no matter what. Heroes !

- and I don't use the word lightly!

Numerous reasons why we are in this position  - and too many permutations to go into now. 

To be honest, we've got away with it several seasons before, and been lucky, - this time not so - unfortunately, - but whatever, - life has to go on.

As Worcester Owl says - look at Fergie - whatever your thoughts - he 's a fellow human being, and that's important.

My thoughts go out to Prozac too.  So wished we could get back to the Championship for you!  

Yes, - I wish we had survived, but now we have to face the reality of League 2 unfortunately. 

And yes, - there are some who were out there this season weren't fit to wear the shirt, -as we all know- but that's been the case for a few years now. 

To me, it says it all when our two youngest, - and two defenders at that, -  score for us today ! - and fair play to them. And I think this sums up our season really!

My concerns came weeks ago when I saw players saying they didn't know or weren't worried where we were in the league table.

I'm sorry, - I may be only be an admin assistant with a local Charity, but, if I didn't know where we were in terms of performance, then I would get my rear end kicked- hard!  

Likewise, RW coming out and saying the team were too slow out of the blocks one week, and too quick out of the block the next week, - rang alarm bells.

Anyway, that's all too late now.

I was born in Oldham in 67, and dad's job took us away from the town when I was 4.

I was late to football really , - when I was 7 in 1974, but have been LATICS through and through ever since thanks to him. I took my Adidas school bag with Oldham Athletic proudly blazoned on the side - to school when  I was 11 through to 16 - despite the stick from all the Newcastle and Sunderland fans in the North East, - but didn't care - there was only one team for me, - no matter what. 

I was fortunate to be there - thanks to relatives in Oldham - on our promotion to 1st Division, and proudly sang "Oldham till I die!" with the other 19000 in Boundary Park whilst stood in the "Chaddy". Neil Redfearn - hero!

And that's how it is.

My wife doesn't get it. But it's here - in the heart and the soul of me  - and that's it - end of!

If this club ever folded (Heaven forbid) - then that's me and football done. No supporting City or United as second choices - only one team for me. It runs through my blood, and that's all there is to it!

If we have to do a Wimbledon and come back from 8 leagues down - then so be it. It's in my blood. I can't help it. That's the way I'm made.

I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I KNOW I AM , I'M SURE I AM, - I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I know we have a new motto now, but KTF - you know it makes sense ! 

Hang on in there. It ain't going to be an easy ride back, - but this is Latics - expect the unexpected !!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Did anyone realise the dick who threw the flairs on the pitch when we scored our first goal was the reason why 4 mins were added on....and they scored. 

We dont fucking help ourselves sometimes... 

Blame them for the four minutes but lets face it Placide was fucking dreadful from start to finish today and should never play for us again, he really is that shit.

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blame them for the four minutes but lets face it Placide was fucking dreadful from start to finish today and should never play for us again, he really is that shit.

Blame them for the 4 minutes and JP for a few errors but the rest for thousands of minutes this season they havent been good enough 

The car we were travelling in broke down near Walsall. We took it to a Halfords near The Hawthorns, left it there, got a train from West Bromwich to Birmingham, ran through Birmingham city centre to get a train from another station into Northampton and then got a taxi to the Sixfields.

And then were treated to that performance and, ultimately, relegation. The dickheads...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The car we were travelling in broke down near Walsall. We took it to a Halfords near The Hawthorns, left it there, got a train from West Bromwich to Birmingham, ran through Birmingham city centre to get a train from another station into Northampton and then got a taxi to the Sixfields.

And then were treated to that performance and, ultimately, relegation. The dickheads...

Was the car a Citroen imported by AL ? Did it cost more than other cars and took a lot more fuel to fill ?

#frenchcars

1 hour ago, staffordlatic said:

This for me.

Disastrous day. Absolutely disastrous.

Can't get as often as I'd like to for numerous reasons, and I totally admire those who go week in, week out no matter what. Heroes !

- and I don't use the word lightly!

Numerous reasons why we are in this position  - and too many permutations to go into now. 

To be honest, we've got away with it several seasons before, and been lucky, - this time not so - unfortunately, - but whatever, - life has to go on.

As Worcester Owl says - look at Fergie - whatever your thoughts - he 's a fellow human being, and that's important.

My thoughts go out to Prozac too.  So wished we could get back to the Championship for you!  

Yes, - I wish we had survived, but now we have to face the reality of League 2 unfortunately. 

And yes, - there are some who were out there this season weren't fit to wear the shirt, -as we all know- but that's been the case for a few years now. 

To me, it says it all when our two youngest, - and two defenders at that, -  score for us today ! - and fair play to them. And I think this sums up our season really!

My concerns came weeks ago when I saw players saying they didn't know or weren't worried where we were in the league table.

I'm sorry, - I may be only be an admin assistant with a local Charity, but, if I didn't know where we were in terms of performance, then I would get my rear end kicked- hard!  

Likewise, RW coming out and saying the team were too slow out of the blocks one week, and too quick out of the block the next week, - rang alarm bells.

Anyway, that's all too late now.

I was born in Oldham in 67, and dad's job took us away from the town when I was 4.

I was late to football really , - when I was 7 in 1974, but have been LATICS through and through ever since thanks to him. I took my Adidas school bag with Oldham Athletic proudly blazoned on the side - to school when  I was 11 through to 16 - despite the stick from all the Newcastle and Sunderland fans in the North East, - but didn't care - there was only one team for me, - no matter what. 

I was fortunate to be there - thanks to relatives in Oldham - on our promotion to 1st Division, and proudly sang "Oldham till I die!" with the other 19000 in Boundary Park whilst stood in the "Chaddy". Neil Redfearn - hero!

And that's how it is.

My wife doesn't get it. But it's here - in the heart and the soul of me  - and that's it - end of!

If this club ever folded (Heaven forbid) - then that's me and football done. No supporting City or United as second choices - only one team for me. It runs through my blood, and that's all there is to it!

If we have to do a Wimbledon and come back from 8 leagues down - then so be it. It's in my blood. I can't help it. That's the way I'm made.

I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I KNOW I AM , I'M SURE I AM, - I'M OLDHAM TILL I DIE

I know we have a new motto now, but KTF - you know it makes sense ! 

Hang on in there. It ain't going to be an easy ride back, - but this is Latics - expect the unexpected !!

Good post mate. 2 points:

1.  No need for the word 'Only' in your job description

2.  Judging by your passion you wouldn't have had to wait to have your arse to be kicked by others, you would have kicked your own arse way before then.

Keep The Faith mate

Cheers JL, - you too!

Will always try and KTF! 

As an aside, - KTF was on the back of my 2006 100 yrs at Boundary Park Celebration strip I used to wear at 5 - a -side in the gym - when I could still play, (until a couple of years ago) till injury put a stop to it.

I always used to joke to the other lads that it really said "Keep the fat" - as that was more appropriate for me :)

It's a hard day to take today - but onwards and upwards - hopefully!  

Always read this forum .but never posted but I've been watching Oldham  for over 50 years so back where I started i guess. Been an interesting season for me as I've been to many away games with my sons , MK Blackburn  etc And seen some good football  some fantastic goals , goal of the season against MK, Dummigan v Bradford,  Doyle v Dale. 

I live in Rochdale  and I've had to suffer all the phoney back slapping Dale  twats saying unlucky mate 

It just doesn't seem right 

Can't get my head round  how we have potentially the best squad in years and we balls it up.

Thought Wellens  was a breach of fresh air at first but he's  put many square  pegs in round holes .

Hope we can hang on to the better players Hamer  Byrne   Doyle Gerrard for experience  get Ripley  back ,twice the goalie Placide is . Maybe Edmondson and Hunt.

The rest can go.  

Still feeling it after all these years !!

The squad had so much potential after Wellens first 5 games, it’s strange to think that we have had pretty much the same players since Christmas, but the team has been completely garbage.

Enough chances to stay up, draws that we really should have won, Moimbe penalty and red card idiocy, Jewell, bizarre tactics, substitutions and something odd behind the scenes.

46 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Most will be back next year including myself. 

Ah well only the impending back to back wooden spoon for the Brisbane Lions and Englands elimination at the group stages to look forward too.

I bought a fridge today.

Fridge or fridge/freezer?

Fine margins this year, too many draws. Look at the table. Portsmouth lost more than us. I felt we've been complacent for a while, thinking we'd always nick that final win we needed at some point but we left it too late. 

The players and manager should of course shoulder some of the blame but Shez does too for not bringing in a keeper at the start of the season. Placide isn't great but he's ten times as good as those first two clowns we had this year were.

For me the relegation is to be expected with the way Corney and TTA had been running the club since they started the cut backs a couple of seasons after Sheridan got us in the play offs. 

I don't know if AL will be any better? I think off the pitch the club needs to really think about what it wants to be, i.e. put a plan in place. I wouldn't mind what division we were in to be honest if we had some kind of plan. I've said it before but I would like to see us go back to focusing on giving youth a chance, mixed with a few ageing pro's and if if we really have to a few of AL's foreigners to keep him happy. 

33 minutes ago, Oh Heck C-Beck said:

Fine margins this year, too many draws. Look at the table. Portsmouth lost more than us. I felt we've been complacent for a while, thinking we'd always nick that final win we needed at some point but we left it too late. 

The players and manager should of course shoulder some of the blame but Shez does too for not bringing in a keeper at the start of the season. Placide isn't great but he's ten times as good as those first two clowns we had this year were.

For me the relegation is to be expected with the way Corney and TTA had been running the club since they started the cut backs a couple of seasons after Sheridan got us in the play offs. 

I don't know if AL will be any better? I think off the pitch the club needs to really think about what it wants to be, i.e. put a plan in place. I wouldn't mind what division we were in to be honest if we had some kind of plan. I've said it before but I would like to see us go back to focusing on giving youth a chance, mixed with a few ageing pro's and if if we really have to a few of AL's foreigners to keep him happy. 

Agree with that,  don't think Wellens accepted we were in a relegation battle until it was too late. 

We need AL to sort the backroom side out and a new manager,  I was supportive of RW when he first took over and although he made mistakes,  as all new managers do, he made the cardinal sin by not learning from them.  He became arrogant that his way was right. Not only has he proved he is tactically inept he obviously can't motivate players.

Besides Blackburn away we allowed the opposition to dominate the first 20min of every game then inevitably found ourselves one or two down.

The biggest sin for me though was his handling of Doyle & Byrne.

We have a proven goalscorer in Doyle yet game after game he nullified him by playing Nazon. I know Nazon scored a few goals but I think Doyle would have scored more without Nazon. Then we have Byrne one of the best creative midfielders in league 1 and we constantly play him wide.

I know we have many off field problems but the bottom line is RW sets the team up and sends them out. The squad was good enough to stay in league 1 but the manager wasn't.

Time clear out the dead wood and regroup to build for the future based on producing youth and not journey men. Not bothered what league were in i just want to see us play more entertaining football and actually look from the ko that we want to win the game.

Edited by losesome